Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do i Fit a Filter Charge Kit to my 1.6ltr Auto , when you can only get the full kit for the 1.5ltr Diesel?In the past i have had K&N Filter Charge Kits on my cars , i love the throaty sound , plus it cuts the cost of replacements every year too.
Mike

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
K&N do long life filters 50k between cleaning but the standard filter is every 36k or 2 yrs and at £6.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there yes i looked at those, but i want to dispense with the whole naff black box and have a nice cove filter innside the engine bay, to compliment the coloured hoses that eventually ill have, thats another question how do i do those? do i have to disconnect them in serisl or can you get over hoses in colours?Mike

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
are you on about the K&N kits with the large cone (57i kit) you will have to make up a flange to connect it up but you may have problems due to the oem airbox
the 1.5 derv will be a different filter but you may find a kit listed for the micra sr160 (k12) what is the same engine ( HR16DE )

justhad a look onK&n's site thayonly list a repacment hi flow filter

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there Im looking for a kit that i can make up my self as i am quite proficient in the mechanical side as have resotred and built several kit cars and classics over the past years, therefore this doesn present any problems, just need to know if its possible or if any one else had done it before?I have already changed the neaff beep horn to twin tone air horns on both my car and my fathers motability car.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
cant see a problem if you can fabricate the pipe work just use a decent filter, re. silcone hoses there are a few places that will make them up but thay need the oem part to make a template

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your help
Im just wanting my note to look a little less ordinary, i like the outward side to look like a sheep but underneath its a wolf!!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
greenplane said:
Thank you all for your help
Im just wanting my note to look a little less ordinary, i like the outward side to look like a sheep but underneath its a wolf!!
Why not glue a white bath mat onto the roof

1 - 9 of 9 Posts