Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do the amount of posts and visits seem to have fallen off a cliff just lately ?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Is it just me or do the amount of posts and visits seem to have fallen off a cliff just lately ?
You are correct Sineu.
Silverhairs was the most regular daily contributor but he didn't like the changes.
It's quiet, but I'm sure posts will always pop up as faults develop. There is still a fairly large membership, and you can rely on niggles with a note...

·
Super Moderator
1,918 Posts
Perhaps there's more savvy members who can find the search box, and look up problems that may cover what they have.

As the Note is now out of production, and the E11's getting a bit old in the tooth, and ending up on the scrap heap. There's also the case, that it's possible to live with some problems, rather than spending time and money on them, unless there's a quick and easy cheap fix.

I myself, have never bothered having the air-con re gassed.

I'll be running my Note into the ground, when it becomes uneconomic to repair or fix. €500 on average, a year is about my limit, once it gets past 10 years old. This doesn't include the wear and tear, and servicing.

//

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Mk 1 Notes (E11) are now older than 7 years (some will be 15 years old) and will be falling off the planet at an ever increasing rate as they become uneconomic to repair.

The owners of Mk 2 (E12) Notes only post in small numbers because in many cases they were called idiots for buying such a car by several of the regular posters. It would not make many proud new owners want to return only to be insulted again. Why the Mods did not stop this I have no idea, the combined actions of the mods and obnoxious posters have only quickened the rate at which the Forum dies.

Add to the simple fact the Mk 2 only had a 5 year life means that inevitably there will be fewer on the road.

Eventually it will have to be put out of its misery.

·
Registered
772 Posts
In the meantime we can be happy that the forum is still an option for advise.
When no one is there to answer, that will be that.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well.
I thought this forum was quiet but after joining the B-max forum i have to say that it's just as quiet as this one.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hi Sineu,
Could it possibly be that Fords are a little less troublesome...
The wifes Ford is ten years old and I've never needed to ask questions on a Ford forum.
It's been bomb proof (albeit a diesel)
As soon as i acquired my Note, i had a few niggles and i searched for the answers.
This forum provided the advise i needed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Must admit I was a tad taken aback with the negative comments about the E12 when I joined the forum, to the extent that, IIRC, I asked how many critics had actually owned one, or at least had first hand experience of the model.

But I guess many comments on any forum are driven as much by opinion as fact, so we are just continuing to enjoy Mrs B's rubber-band driven DIS-G powered auto E12. (But obviously having it regularly serviced!)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Must admit I was a tad taken aback with the negative comments about the E12 when I joined the forum, to the extent that, IIRC, I asked how many critics had actually owned one, or at least had first hand experience of the model.

But I guess many comments on any forum are driven as much by opinion as fact, so we are just continuing to enjoy Mrs B's rubber-band driven DIS-G powered auto E12. (But obviously having it regularly serviced!)
A lot of people are like this not just on forums but in life in general. Critics love to attack things they have no first hand experience of.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Some E11 owners might just find themselves surprised if they drove an E12.
Nissan dropped it due to poor sales, but in actual fact they are good reliable cars... The proof of that is here to see on the forum with no serious problems as such, just little niggles, and of course the connect radio unit for a few unlucky owners.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Some E11 owners might just find themselves surprised if they drove an E12.
Nissan dropped it due to poor sales, but in actual fact they are good reliable cars... The proof of that is here to see on the forum with no serious problems as such, just little niggles, and of course the connect radio unit for a few unlucky owners.
Well said that man. Our E12 was an excellent car, in some ways better than than the Fabia that replaced it, in some ways inferior but everything is a compromise and it was a good compromise.

Don't blame the car, blame the totally inept UK Nissan marketing people who simply do not have a clue.

At the time of buying the Note we were changing from an excellent K12 Micra which at the time we bought it was as good as it got in the class. The Micra that replaced it was a cheaply made Indian built version which in itself was not a total disaster but the price they put on was totally stupid. Rover made the same mistake when years before they had tried to sell a cheaply built Indian car as an upmarket city car and virtually no one bought one util they went bust and supermarkets were selling them 1/2 price at which point they sold well. At least Suzuki sold the Indian built Celerio at sensible prices (plenty round theses parts - uncle has one - £6795 pre reg) wheras Vauxhall seem to sell no Indian built Vivas at the stupid price they advertise.

When we bought the Note it was stupidly priced but as a serial negotiator I got a huge discount which made the car far better value than its peers.

Another recent Nissan that was a decent enough car but withdrawn was the Pulsar. Big, well equipped and compared to others sensibly priced but ignored.

It seemed to me at the time Nissan UK were only interested in the Qashqai which was a regular top seller (and still is, 4th in January) or a Leaf. But not everyone who walked into a Nissan showroom wants one of those and with better marketing they could have sold far more units.

And still they do it. The new Micra is priced to make your eyes water and you rarely see them.

·
Super Moderator
1,918 Posts
The 'new' Micra, is not so Micra now, is it. I still believe that the new 'Micra' is the new Note and Micra. So, 2 cars in one....how's that for streamlining the production line.
But now, the backlash is...the Micra isn't that small now, is it, and the E12 is no more.
As for the E12 bashing. It's the fact that the E11 was great, despite it's faults, and it appealed to a wider market, especially to mobility customers.

I've sat in all three at my local main dealer, when the Micra first got fat.

In my opinion I preferred the E11, as it's has better access and exit for me. But people don't like change, especially E11 owners. :eek::ROFLMAO:

//

·
Registered
772 Posts
I guess that the price of the E12 note was the most significant reason for lack of sales.
The standard equipment of an acenta premium model had sat nav/cruise control /heated mirrors/climate control etc.
The company probably couldn't make the car at a profitable price to compete with Hyundia and Kia models.
So it's more down to money as to why the model was dropped.
Everyone that drives one appears to like it...

·
Registered
887 Posts
I never understood the hate for the E12 either. It was just as practical, high up etc. as the E11, but the tech was more swish and it was a little more fuel efficient. I got mine a year old at 13k, had it until it had 78k on the clock at 4 yr old and didn't have a bit of bother with it (apart from confusing the stop/start system by jumping over the passenger seat to pay tolls on french motorways, and a tyre valve). The rear tyres on that thing lasted approx 70k and were only changed as a massive bulge had developed on the sidewall of one tyre.

My E11 was just as good (sold at 2yr old and 48,000 miles), only ailment was a Sat Nav SD card!!!

I only sold it as I wanted something a bit bigger to use as a support vehicle for my fleet of classic cars. I've a 2017 Kia Optima Sportswagon...which is just as good (I've put nearly 40k on it and driven it all the way to Sorento in Italy, it's at 51k now!).

Reactions: DIG-S and Jymmer

·
Registered
137 Posts
I never understood the hate for the E12 either. It was just as practical, high up etc. as the E11, but the tech was more swish and it was a little more fuel efficient
We really liked ours and other than the anti roll bar bushes it was trouble free.

I only sold it as I wanted something a bit bigger to use as a support vehicle for my fleet of classic cars.
We sold ours because as the MIL became less able to move easily she found the higher seating position made getting into the car very difficult. Shows that a high car is not what every wheel chair user needs. After much searching we bought a Skoda Fabia 1.0 TSi 110 PS in SE-L trim. Faster than the Note DIG-S so we are happy, fule economy is very similar (has averaged 49 mpg) so we are happy again and with a height adjustable passenger seat (standard) the MIL can get in easily. The boot is a bit smaller but unlike some other cars we looked at it is still possible to get the wheelchair in standing upright with space for shopping etc.

Now to the haters. When we bought the car I joined the forum and a certain poster (who recently became upset and left) posted calling me an idiot for buying such a crap car and I would regret it later when it was worthless, best bit was of course he had an E11. Having been taught to defend myself I gave as good as I got but obviously the poster was upset and went crying to teacher, I got a warning from the moderators not to upset him again. I did not post for a couple of years.

But in those 2 years that poster continued to tell new members they were idiots with no action from the moderators.

And now we wonder why the forum is dying and there are very few E12 posters. Could it be they simply thought why should I come on here and be insulted by that prick.

Its too late now but perhaps the moderators at that time should have taken action.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
E11's sold in droves to Motability customers whereas E12's were not as accessible and there were far better alternatives from other manufacturers. Couple this with the silly prices that Nissan were trying to charge Motability in the UK and sales fell off a cliff.

My dislike of the E12 was based on the CVT (I can only drive an automatic due to disability) and the CVT implementation on the E12 was, without doubt, the worst I have ever experienced despite driving CVT since 1978.

The Micra is overpriced, the Juke is a Marmite' car and the QQ is just bloody ugly. Is it any wonder that Nic=ssan sales are tanking and they just reported their first annual loss since 2008.

As to moderators 'taking action' it takes days for spam to be removed, active moderation on this forum is but a distant memory.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Active moderation is essential for any successful forum.

Paul

Absolutely correct, but on this and the other fora that VerticalScope have acquired and which I use this simply doesn't happen.

There have been volunteers to assume this role (not me as I don't suffer fools gladly) but the offers have not been followed up.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I think you, Nigel would be a good moderator, but that's up to Nigel (if you want that level of commitment) .
As for not suffering fools gladly,.. It's the fools that need expelling or chastising.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts