Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the dealers earlier and had a poke around and a test drive. There were a few things I forgot to ask to thought I'd post here first.

In the automatic version there's a button near the gear stick marked as shift select or something similar, what is this?

Is there a remote boot opening flap/switch?

The boot would not open on one of the cars I looked at and the sales guy said it was due to a flat battery. How does the battery affect the boot opening?

Cheers in advance guys.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've got the Tekna automatic on a 57 plate and I don't think its got any kind of remote or battery operated boot release although the blipper unlocks all doors and the boot.
I've seen that shift select button on ours have not got a clue what its for, never pressed it etc... Will have a look in the manual when I get a minute or two later.
Just for info owned our automatic for 20 months and well pleased with it, superb all round little car, mpg is not great say mixed driving 32-34 roughly, on a good run over 40.
Best small auto I've driven by far, had an 07 plate Corsa previously newish shape with the fully automatic gearbox and 1.4 engine, the engine was gutless and economy was no better than the Note.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The shift button is a fail safe,You need to put you foot on the brake to move it into d or park ect all the button does is override the need to press the brake (say if the car is in a accdent it can be taken out of gear with no power/battery).
no remote boot release theres a button under the boot handle to open it, bonnet and petrol flap release are by the drives right knee (petrol flap leaver has a curve in so you not mix them up)

flat battery = No central locking = boot wont open (theres a manual door lock on the passenger side so you can get in if the battery does go flat)

More than likely the salesman forgot you can have locking setup in 2 ways
1 press opens all doors
or
1 press opens drivers door only and a second press opens the rest of the doors (aka, anti hijack)

you can program this yourself for what ever mode you want it

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the excellent speedy answers.

What a nice forum, some others I've been on in the past have had another side to them bit this seems like a nice place. Awesome!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Have to say that I agree with BOBBYBINGO. Cracking little auto box and all-in-all a good package for the price. Few things I miss from my old car (Alhambra) like 'one touch' closing on all of the windows, folding mirrors and puddle lights but none of these are show stoppers.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
southwales said:
Thanks for the excellent speedy answers.

What a nice forum, some others I've been on in the past have had another side to them bit this seems like a nice place. Awesome!
yes it is, but watch out for those pesky HUMANS...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts