Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just our note that has useless feet vent or is this a common problem?

The heater \ air con itself is fine cooking or freezing luvly jubly but for some reason the only way i can get anyway air to blow to the floor is to put the controls to face and feet and close all of the vents.
even then its not particular great, in the winter your pinkys are frozen.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Air con or climate ? and what year is the note, sometimes the flaps in the heating ducting get stuck its more common on air con cars as there controlled by cables off the back of the knob (the cable holders inside the knob tend to break over time

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
My 08 Tekna is the same.
On auto (compressor on) it never blows anything out of the feet vents, presumably it expects the cool air from the face vents to fall and the hot air from the footwell to rise. I have to manually select footwell to cool down my sweaty feet.

Don't know what happens in very cold weather.

Seems the longer I have the car, the more of the "automatic" things I operate manually. I'll end up changing gear by myself next

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Brought this thread back to life, rather than start another.

Now the outside temp is 1 degree- my legs are freezing!

The "heater" is well nigh useless, never had one as bad since the series III Landrover.

On manual maximum hot, feet vents only loads of fan I can get my left ankle to cook, but the rest of my lower body is in some sort of Arctic zone.

I'm considering driving round in the Suzuki, but it causes a bit of a dilemma:
Warm as toast, but have to mess with the gears all the time, or freezing and just drive

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I know what you mean. Boiling hot face and hands. switched to '100% feet' and was bloody freezing save for my left foot!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
My heater is fine...it's the aircon I have problems with. Back in the summer I borrowed the Note for a quick spin up the road, and Mrs Elephant had set the blower on super cold...by the time I got 2 miles down the road my trunk was frozen to the wheel!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If you move the slider across for the recirculating air vent across to right (not all the way)this will reduce the amount of cold air coming in but if you move it all the way across, the windows will mist up.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I've had a look today, the problem seems to be the 2 postage stamp sized vents each side that the hot air has to come out of, versus the 10 cubic metres of interior space.

Add to that basic convection (hot air always rises) and you are going to be cold

Think I'll get one of these

http://www.maplin.co.uk/12v-4-in-1-rechargeable-car-heater-588748

and put it under the drivers seat.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Scratch that idea, I've just read the reviews on Maplins site.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
mdvineng said:
If you move the slider across for the recirculating air vent across to right (not all the way)this will reduce the amount of cold air coming in but if you move it all the way across, the windows will mist up.
With climate control it's 'fresh' or 'recirc' via either one of two buttons and no 'blend' function.

Bloody cold this morning.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
so glad I opted for the slightly lower spec

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
I'm not going to comment, coz if I do.....my heater/aircon will vanish in a wheeze of wind and smoke.

Dammit....I commented, didn't I.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its always grim up north last time i went up the m1 i had to take my own sunshine with me

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Plenty of sunshine in Manchester and we are not flooded out, thankfully

1 - 18 of 18 Posts