Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help. my heater has stopped working on the coldest weekend of the year. i know you have to take the glove compartment out to get to the heater but not sure what to do after that or how to check exactly what part needs replacing. can anyone out there help me?

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Are you talking about the heater fan, or no actual heat coming from the vents.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the fan has stopped working. i had been hearing a very faint humming noise all day but couldnt figure out what it was and when i stopped to go in a shop and got back in there was just nothing happening with the heater/air con just no fan at all. any help would be appreciated. i am a pensioner and if i can do it myself it would be a big help .

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's most likely to be the resistor pack, if it works on the highest setting but not on the others it is the resistor pack, most likely the temperature fuse inside the box, if it's similar to most types. If it is a fuse they are easily replaced if careful once you have the unit removed.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Schematics do not show a thermal fuse but do check fuses 18 and 20 (15amp) in the fuse panel by your right knee, also the blower relay (left side of same panel) but if it works on the highest setting only it will be a fault inside the resistor pack located behind the glove box.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my grandson has had a look for me and took the resistor wire off and then put it back and its now working again but making a very strange noise, im wondering if its the actual motor thats faulty but dont know how to check it. thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes its making a strange humming noise on all speeds. the noise stays the same at all speeds and im hoping to go out later in the car and im praying it doesnt stop working again. if i know what part is faulty i can try and get one on monday.thanks to anyone for their advice.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Weird one as if it were the fan or motor I would expect the noise to change with speed.
Stumped, hope another 'Noter' comes up with an idea or two.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for trying to help . ill keep my fingers crossed it now keeps working until i can find out exactly whats going on. ill keep you posted when i sort it so anyone else that has the same problem will know.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
bozzie said:
my grandson has had a look for me and took the resistor wire off and then put it back and its now working again but making a very strange noise, im wondering if its the actual motor thats faulty but dont know how to check it. thanks for your help.
that's likely to be a poor connection on the push on crimp in the connector block, carefully closing the crimp apperture will give a better connection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, im afraid it sounds like your blower fan motor has gone. I've just changed ours and its no mein feat as it resides behind the center dash.It turned out to be the brushes. Same noise etc. Manual says you need to take the whole dash off which I did but you may be able to do by just taking off the top dash, look at my post.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had a similar problem with my N-Tec note, the fan was slow to start, was noisy, almost like it was struggling to turn, then it stopped working on any setting. Took it into the Nissan dealer (still under warranty) Rheostat was replaced. 4 weeks later it stopped again, this time the blower motor was replaced and then last week it stopped again - this time a pin connector had become disconnected from the Rheostat (dodgy workmanship, I suspect) So hopefully all is good with it now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you so much for all your help. my grandson took the glove compartment out to get to the heater and unplugged something, i dont know what it was. he then plugged it back in and said he has tightened up the resister connection and, fingers crossed, it has worked alright ever since. this may be of use to anybody else who has the same problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts