Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Scanned my car the other week and got the code P0670 which is related to the glow plug relay circuit. Reset it and a few weeks later got P0202 and P0102 my car runs fine though!! Only thing I have noticed is that it takes a few cranks for it to start from cold which would relate to the first fault code in the cold weather we've had where I live ( it was -1 today this morning)

When I turn the ignition on to the last part before turning the engine over I get both engine dash ligjts( red and amber apper) but once you start the engine they go out so is there a fault or not as most cars the EML light comes on once the engine is running which in my case they don't!

Apart from the few cranks to get started( 3 seconds) should I worry or not? I've been using a cheap £15 code reader.

Regards,

Michael.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
3 secs is a lot even for a diesel, would be worth checking your glowplugs as they do slowly die off i.e. they get higher in resistance and don't get hot enough, this also drops the current taken from the module and throws up the error code. Another suspect is the relay used to power the glow plugs as the contacts on it degrade, also check wiring associated with the glow plugs for good connection, glow plug resistance should be between 0.6<2.0 Ohms.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
if the voltage from the batt is a bit low the glow circuit can throw a fault, with the recent change in weather it will show up a weak battery or kill it
it was -1ºc here last night according to my weather station

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again,

Just re read the codes and got back the original P0670 fault code, however I cleared the code and upon finishing work today there is none stored so its obviously an intermittent fault somehow. What brand are the original batteries fitted to the note?

Starting times are around just under 2 secs lately!!

Mike.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I would fit a suitable good quality replacement one and possibly slightly larger capacity.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i have always used varta batterys 3-5 warrenty little bit dearer but worth it, a lot of the oem batterys are under spec'd, ford are well know for it
before going out and replacing it check the water/acid levels (if it isnt sealed) and stick a meter across it it should read 12.5 volts upwards and 13-14v upwards with the engine running

1 - 6 of 6 Posts