Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, can anyone advise on a fault code p1706?

it shows as park/neutral position switch, but the car is a manual transmission one.

any ideas what or where it could be.

only symptoms of fault were the engine management light on and coincidentally?? the reverse lights have also stopped working.

thanks in advance

Paul

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
as a quick guess it could be the micro sw for the gear lever position hence no reverse lights or just a fuse blown for that circuit. I'll look at the diagram later.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
looking more like a faulty neutral rev sensor, there are three wires on it and to check it use an ohm meter, connection 1-2 should be continuity in reverse and none in any other gear position, 2-3 should have continuity in neutral and none in any other. Simple to replace except you will probably need to drain and refill the transmission box. from i can tell the sensor is located on the lower end of the transmision housing but above the transaxle, you will probably need to remove the front wheel on the side that the manual gearbox is near to access the sensor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for the reply, i think that will be left for service time, which wont be long in coming around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts