Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ow do so i got a 1.4 petrol engine note sounds like its blowing also rattles like helltook it to dealers in stockport they said no its not blowing and the rattles was one of the rubbers so gets it back exhaust still sounds like its blowing and it still rattles i guess the rattles are the heat shields that run along the chassis anyone else suffer with loud pipes?

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Stick you hand over the exhaust pipe at the back. If it is blowing you will hear it get worse. If it isn't a lot of pressure will build up.

In The Olden Days you could stop the engine this way if the exhaust was sound.

No doubt the "better" engines that we have nowadays will be irreparably damaged by such a simple act, so be careful.

A rattly heat shield is more of a ZZZZZZZZZZZZRRRRRRRRMMMMMMZZZZZTTTTTTT! noise at a particular engine speed.
A tinkly rattle is probably a loose clamp.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
mnl said:
Stick you hand over the exhaust pipe at the back. If it is blowing you will hear it get worse. If it isn't a lot of pressure will build up.
use a rag/cloth because it dont arf get hot/wet

i remeber a mot tester having to do it a fiesta he had to stick his fist up the 6" tail pipe typical roy bacer car 1.25l with a stereo worth more than the car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a similar issue with my dad's Note (1.6 auto), took it to Nissan (as still under warranty). Diagnosed as loose cat. matrix and fixed free. I said I was pleased about that as cats seemed very expensive, apparently not so, service guy quoted £98 (don't know if that included fitting).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts