Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I assume I am the extreme case as winters in baveria involve snow and salt. Looks like after 7.5 years it finally rusted. Technically my fault as normally people here apply zinc spray to help it get to ~8 years.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
94 Posts
Thanks for the info,
Do you have to replace muffler or cat also?
What is the state of the underbody steel frame? I am more worry about that.

In Belgium, we have snow and salt for a week or two, I try manual wash the underbody in winter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Frame looked OK but I will go down to the dealer and let them work their magic... I guess they will change it all...?

·
Super Moderator
2,034 Posts
That exhaust has been blowing quite a while, hence the damage to the heatshield. Which is which why it's a false economy to drive with a blowing exhaust, no matter how bad it is.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That exhaust has been blowing quite a while, hence the damage to the heatshield.
It went on Saturday I drove it 2 km home and 4km today to the dealer... The engineer said it is normal here due to snow and salt and replaced most of the fixing for free.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

so they will replace up to the Cat for 650€ including labour...

Reactions: kptg

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
94 Posts
Thanks for the nice picture.
Not too bad for me.
At least they did not tell you to replace cat and O2 sensor, otherwise that could triple the cost.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Final price 589€, 214 for the back box, 121 for the front section, new connector 60 & the rest labour. Also 7.5 years, not so upset...

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
94 Posts
Looking at the underbody picture, compared to early dig-s 2013 in Japan, Nissan has added a middle-bottom bar below the pre-muffler, probably to increase the rigidity of body.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2014 Nissan Note. A couple of days ago exhaust rattle noise developed. Took it to local garage and the middle part of the exhaust had rotted and was practically in half. It was about to drop off the car. The back section too was in poor shape. So, net result is I need the two sections down from the DPF.
I thought diesel car exhausts were not meant to completely rust through. I've had many diesel cars and not know anything like it.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Apart from the likes of quickfit, where can I get ahold of replacement sections?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Any decent exhaust fitting company will be able to get the parts and fit them for you.
I always ring three and get different quotes and time frames for sourcing / fitting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts