Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hope you are all ok in these weird times.

Could someone kindly assist and explain what the above error code relates too. I've tried to search on internet but it's very confusing and not conclusive.

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,

Hope you are all ok in these weird times.

Could someone kindly assist and explain what the above error code relates too. I've tried to search on internet but it's very confusing and not conclusive.

Thank you
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

·
Registered
63 Posts
WREH, this code relates to a fault with your Air conditioning. Google is your friend.

P1546 Possible Causes

What does this mean?

• Faulty A/C Clutch Relay
  • A/C Clutch Relay harness is open or shorted
  • A/C Clutch Relay circuit poor electrical connection

·
Registered
781 Posts
And yet another site says the following --
P1546

P1546 OBD Code Definition:
P1546 Pedal Position Sensor
P1546 OBD Code Description:
Possible Symptoms

• Irregular behaviour
  • Loss of power
  • Limp mode
Possible Causes
  • Wiring and/or connections faulty (short circuit)
Possible Solutions
  • Check wiring and connections
I would go to a good reputable independant garage and have them read the codes for you. A hand held scanner is ok but it gives codes that are generic across many car makes and each one could have a different cause.
I bet if i looked long enough i could find yet another result with a different cause for the code.

And here it is --
P1546 Fault Symptoms :

1. Check engine light comes on
  2. Engine stalling or misfiring
  3. Engine performance issues
  4. Car not starting
If one of these reasons for P1546 code is occuring now you should check P1546 repair processes.
Now don't ask yourself; What should you do with P1546 code ?
The solution is here :
Nissan P1546 Possible Solution :

The crankshaft sensor signals the fuel injection computer or the ignition control when the cylinders are firing. This causes the ignition coil to provide a spark and the injector to inject fuel into each cylinder at the right time.If either sensor isn't working correctly, the car will run rough and the engine will be less efficient. In later car models, the car's computer can usually keep the vehicle running, but the engine warning light on the dashboard goes on to warn the driver.

P1546 OBD-II Diagnostic Powertrain (P) Trouble Code Description
P1546 OBD-II Trouble Code Air Conditioning Clutch Feedback Circuit Low Voltage is one of the definitions for the P1546; however your vehicles manufacturer may have a different definition for the P1546 code. Please check below P1546 code. Reason For P1546 Code
The reason of P1546 OBD-II Engine Trouble Code is Fuel Composition Sensor Circuit Malfunction.

Parts or components should not be replaced with reference to only a P1546 DTC. The vehicle service manual should be consulted for more information on possible causes of the fault, along with required testing.

Just to show the code can mean different things depending on the make of car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interesting, I got the code fault diagnose for A/C problems off a Nissan Versa site.Seems like this P code has multiple error results for Nissan as you say Sineu.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yep !
One issue with "off the shelf" code readers is that they display "generic" codes that most if not all manufacturers use for diagnosing issues with a car. To get to the "actual" meaning of the code, a car has to be scanned with software that is specific to a certain manufacturer and sometimes even the model of the car, only then will it tell you what the actual problem is.
I'm not knocking off the shelf readers, i have one myself, but it you start to get multiple meanings for the same error code, then it's time to bite the bullet and go to a garage that has the appropriate software for your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts