Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 Nissan Note has developed a problem for me, the steering has gone heavier since parking the car in a car parking space a month ago. The steering suddenly went very heavy when driving into the space and turning the wheel, and then slackened off, but remains heavier than before. The steering feels fine to others who have driven the car and the Nissan dealership can't find any fault codes. Can anyone explain this?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
My 2016 Nissan Note has developed a problem for me, the steering has gone heavier since parking the car in a car parking space a month ago. The steering suddenly went very heavy when driving into the space and turning the wheel, and then slackened off, but remains heavier than before. The steering feels fine to others who have driven the car and the Nissan dealership can't find any fault codes. Can anyone explain this?

Any fault on the EPS will throw up clear fault codes.

I can only suggest that if no fault codes are present after the dealer has checked and if the steering feels OK to others then there is no fault save for a psychosomatic feeling of your own that 'something is not right'.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Could be an intermittent fault with the power steering motor ?
It happened to me on an old Meriva i used to own,never showed any fault codes either.
I got rid of the car rather than fork out for another motor which was horrendously expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts