Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Had to enter radio code on Note Radio. Followed instructions in the manual ( different unit pictured ), entered the code OK, manual advised to press 'TA' button to confirm the code. This didn't work. Tried pressing every button ( inlcuding long pressing and double pressing every button ) nothing worked. Didn't get an error code and when I tried entering random codes still didn't get any error messages or a wait 1hr message. Power button turned off the unit and on re-powering, it again asked for the code. Seems clear that although I can enter the code, the unit is not acting on what I've entered.

Can anyone shed light on this please? How do I get the unit to process the code that I have entered?

Thank you very much in advance if anyone can tell me where I'm going wrong.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Which model radio? Picture of the actual unit (or is it a different unit in the manual, I wasn't sure) might help.

·
Registered
74 Posts
iirc, use the radio preset 1 to select the first digit to enter and use the volume knob to set the desired number. Then use next radio preset to set the next number till you get to last digit.

Then iirc, use the radio seek up to enter. Think it's the one one the left hand side.

Hope this helps, John.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
near enough , but its multiple presses of buttons 1 to 4 each button scrolls through 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 .
ie. say the first number is 2 press button one, two times.
To confirm the code press and hold 6 or the seek button for 10-15 seconds

an online user manual can be found here

http://www.nissanservice.co.il/img/uploads/drivers_books/NOTEENG.pdf

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,I changed my Nissan note battery and my radio demanded a code. I went online and got some suggested codes. None of the codes worked and after 3 attempts my radio tells me to "wait for 1 hour". I have been waiting for a week now and the message is the same.

I need help.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you have to have theradio on for 1 hourhour straight not 10 mins at a timefor it to reset

a lot of the codes on the net are just generic codes later radios have the codes in the eeprom and there very secure, only real way to get them is have the radio sent away to have the code read or take the serial number of the radio and proof of ownership to a main dealer

10 wrong codes and the unit will brick its self (lock its self permanently )

What radio and what year is the car ??

iirc

3try's is a1 hour wait

6 try's is a12 hour wait

9 try's is a 24 hour wait

10th time you get it wrong it bricks its self

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

My friend has a Nissan hard body. The radio is giving a message code not found and no any button responding. How do I deal with this error?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,I changed my Nissan note battery and my radio demanded a code. I went online and got some suggested codes. None of the codes worked and after 3 attempts my radio tells me to "wait for 1 hour". I have been waiting for a week now and the message is the same.

I need help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts