Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am hoping someone can help me. I have a 2010 59 reg Ntec note, its a 1.4 petrol. Now a few of my previous cars have been focus St and rs and also a couple of 2.5 v6 jags and I was wondering if anyone knew what is the biggest size engine I can fit in her. I asked a guy in my work and he said you can't do it so I was just hoping someone on here could help, I would love a 2ltr if poss. Many thanks

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
You could blueprint and supercharge a 1.6 Note or 2.0 Almera lump and get 350-400bhp.

Just remember to sort out the brakes, suspension and transmission.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Depends how deep your pockets are, anything is possible

Mr18de, mr20de or even a fwd V6 from a import will go in with a shoehorn I know for a fact that the mr18de will go in as that's what's in the cube and versa the yanks have (same platform, same engine bay size)

Well thay have a gtr lump in a juke with some major chassis and fire wall mods I suppose it will go in the note

Hardest bit would be the electrics but run it on a aftermarket ecu (piggy back)

The 1.6 is good for 150bhp if you throw £2-4k at it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So flash could I buy a 1.6 and just get it modded or could I mod my 1.4 to maybe about 120/130bhp do you think

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
as the saying goes.......
There's no replacement for displacement

imho your wasting money on the 1.4

basics of engine tuning get it to suck and blow better, full exhaust with 100 cell cat andhi flow air filter

back that up witha remap for 15-30bhp gain (1.6)

skim, polish and port the head then get it flowed

lighten the flywheel, cross drill thecrank and balancethe engine, H section con rods and low compression pistons, hone and bore the block for some extra cc

Cams may be an idea but they will be costly as you will have to have them made from a blank (kent cams or piper cams)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you could turbo a 1.6 with 6-7psi of boost on standard internals for 150-170 bhp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts