Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first had my automatic 1.6 Note removing my foot from the break pedal whilst in drive would cause the car to travel at quite a good speed without any accelerator (5-10 mph).

While in traffic jams on the motorway I really didn't need any accelerator. However, recently I've noticed that the car will move very little without the accelerator pedal.When your start from an incline it feels as if the car is going to stall. However, if I put the car in reverse it will zoom back without pressing the accelrator pedal.

I've noticed the idling revs in the car are 5-6K which to me seems low when in drive. I think they used to be higher but I can't be sure.

I'm going to clean the throttle body and change the spark plugs. I hope this may give the car a bit more vigour.

take care

Gary.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I hope your idling revs aren't 5-6k else you'd be idling at around 120 mph in 4th!
If you mean 5-600 then that is low, my 1.6 auto idles at around 800-900.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
As everything is controlled by the ECU and there is no simple 'screw on the carb' to adjust the only way to determine this is to get thee to a good local independent garage.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
only check idle speed in neutral and don't leave the auto box in drive if not moving for more than 20 seconds as it can lead to overheating the transmission oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts