Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We drove a couple of hours north for it, only had it for just over a day from Arnold Clark.

Worrying having a noise so early on.

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
Notify them that you're returning with it, via email and phone.messages Do not leave it a minute longer than neccessary, before going back.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Why do people join the forum and start asking questions about a rattle in their engine when driving away from just purchasing it? When the first thing they should have done was to turn around and taken it straight back. if it be 2 hours up the road or 6 hours up the road. Beats me?

·
Super Moderator
1,960 Posts
silverhairs said:
Why do people join the forum and start asking questions about a rattle in their engine when driving away from just purchasing it? When the first thing they should have done was to turn around and taken it straight back. if it be 2 hours up the road or 6 hours up the road. Beats me?

Yeah.....then we don't hear back if it was fixed or what the problem was.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Your not wrong there Boysie

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wish it was that simple, believe me I've had a week of problems trying to get someone from Arnold Clark to take responsibility for who will fix it.

It's still not fixed, I do appreciate anyone's reply or advice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe you should look into rejecting the car if they are messing you about. There is no disputing who should fix the car if it has a fault when you are driving it home from picking it up from the garage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've tried scouring the paperwork, but can't see what my rights are in terms of rejecting the car.

There's a few alarms bells that I've noticed, just want it resolved one way or another.

Angry at myself for not doing a few things in hindsight

·
Registered
260 Posts
You may well find you have to fight hard to get a fair resolution.

I've seen quite a bit online about Arnold Clark's customer service, and much of it seems to be less than complimentary, I'm afraid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've read a fair bit that don't sound good as well, from what I've had so far has been pretty bad, I'm getting the impression that I'll be told the noise is normal.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Potter said:
You may well find you have to fight hard to get a fair resolution.

I've seen quite a bit online about Arnold Clark's customer service, and much of it seems to be less than complimentary, I'm afraid.
I concur. Over the years with various dealings with Arnold Clark branches and marques, not once have I had a good experience with the service departments. Not one!!! They are good for buying a car from but that's as far as I would ever go with them. The service departments simply do not care about you or your car. If I was to deal with an AC service dept again I would insist on speaking to a senior manager in the first instance and ensuring he/she will take personal responsibility for any dealings. If they get sticky or obstructive then go straight up the ladder to the regional service manager. Make it clear what outcome you want from them and in what timescale. Get the managers email address and when you get back home send them an email outlining what was said in your visit to the service department, so that there is a written record.
As Potter said, you will likely have a battle to get a good resolution. They will try and push you from pillar to post. Don't let them !!!! Arnold clark can do a decent job should they choose to do so

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Basically all local dealers are saying they can't fit the car in to be looked at locally, Blackpool the original dealership have asked me to take it back up there bank holiday Monday which means two trips up there in a week. I live in Birmingham.

So far they've been utterly awful and the customer service I've spoken to did nothing, it's taken a lot of chasing my end to even get to this point.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts