Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..I'm trying to find out what is the precise difference between MIN and MAX engine oil level dipstick readings ..my 1.4 petrol Note should have 3.4 liters at MAX dipstick reading, but what about MIN?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc its about 500-650ml,the 1.6 takes a lot more oil than the 1.4

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
..so, just to be shure about this ..difference between MIN and MAX is around half a liter, right ? ..speaking about 1.4 engine

..thnx, Flash

Edited by: Ivusenko

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is the comment that the 1.6 (mine's an auto) holds much more oil. Is this reflected in the volume corresponding to the difference between min and max on this size engine?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
IIRC, when I asked my dealer it was c.400ml but he told me to simply add 200ml if the OIl check ever dropped to 4 'squares'.

I did a little over 8000 miles in my first year of ownership and used precisely NO oil (I do a weekly POWER check).

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
mines not dropped any in 4 years apart from servicing its about 400-450ml min to max but it depends on when its read as temp and the amount of oil that's around the engine, up in the head ect can effect the reading, too much oil is as bad as not enough
don't forget there is a oil level gauge on the dash what is flashes up on start up but with everything electronic its worth checking oil the good old fashioned way

euro car parts have oil on offer and its nearly 40% cheaper than most places at the mo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts