Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone help - 2006 1.4 Note started misfiring at a junction and then poor idling when i pulled over. Then it went away. Refuelled and orange light now on - drove home slowly. Is this a job for a nissan dealer or my local garage. Only just bought car - done 78,000 and it is 6,000 miles from next service.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
anywhere can read the fault, without the code theres no telling what it is (cranksensor or coil pack spring to mind)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all - the story as of today is that I took it to local workshop and after some to-ing and fro-ing and talk of timing chains they read a P0132 fault - the o2 sensor. Changed that today and it seems to be running OK so crossed fingers that it wasnt anything more serious. The sensor has a 100k lifetime i think so not unreasonable. Still cost though.

also the service was a red herring - it seems the last garage didnt re set the service meter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
btw, for future reference - its well worth getting a code reader from ebay for less than £20. will pay for itself with one use and can also be quite interesting to look at your car's sensor readings etc. I notice the Note doesnt have a coolant temperature gauge so for that alone its quite useful.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Make sure they are supposed to work with a Note.
I've got 2
The old one : a car-pal works but needs an RS232 adaptor for my new laptop
The new USB one that appears to be an elm327 wont work with the note but works with everything else. I've no idea why it won't work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts