Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The red engine management light is coming on when the accelerator is floored. It goes off the moment you stop flooring it.
No loss of power, no obvious noises or changes.
Any ideas? I guess something boost related.

Can anyone recommend a DIY code reader?

2006 1.5DCI

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you need a code reader there are plenty on eBay or you could try gendan

tbh you wont get anything for 5-6 days due to the holidays (uk)

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
I had the exact same problem when I had my diesel Note from new. I could accelerate gently, no probs, but flooring the pedal brought on the light.

The problem was found to be a kinked fuel line, (just before the manual fuel, priming bulb in the engine bay), and created fuel starvation to the engine. I would suggest a similar problem of fuel starvation.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
276 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
I was sceptical, but for the price I decided to get one anyway. I ended up being absolutely amazed by the effectiveness and functionality - 'Torque' is an amazing app!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
GeorgeP56 said:
I bought one of these for well under a tenner some time ago:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ELM327-Bluetooth-Wireless-OBD-II-Diagnostic/dp/B006JJZVQE

It works perfectly with "Torque" (free) or "Torque Pro" (£2.95) on my Android phone and reads all of the diagnostics and fault codes from my Note. Its also already saved me £££ resetting the engine fault light on my wife's C3.
I bought one.

Waste of money, makes quite an attractive paperweight though

Will not pair with iphone/ipad

Will pair with galaxy tab, but will not communicate with Note ECU torque tries a great list of protocols, not one of which work.

·
Registered
276 Posts
mnl said:
Waste of money, makes quite an attractive paperweight though
Interesting.

I wonder did the one you bought look like this? :

I researched the various OBD adaptors (of which there are loads on ebay & amazon) and this one seemed to be the most likely to work .. and it did.

It paired with my Android phone first try and when I fired up 'Torque' and plugged it into the car it "just worked".

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Mine looks exactly the same, except it doesn't work in the note, or even in The Other Car.

I'll send for one of those ms509 clones from eBay, they are supposed to work well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I doubt any will work via Bluetooth to iPhone or Windows phone due to the lack of supported Bluetooth profiles.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Yes the apple devices won't even see the device in the bluetooth setup.

The galaxy tab talks to it, and the torque application reports a huge list of protocols that it is trying, then helpfully suggests that the ignition might not be on (it is)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I have a few obd2 interfaces about the best one i've had out of the cheap ones is the op-com (elm based)

Gendan do some nice bits of kit

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
P0089
So a fuel pressure problem. Googling it makes me very depressed. I thought they sorted the pumps on these way before 2006?

Anyway, Filter replaced. The one that came off looked very old, suggesting that it had not been changed at the last 2 services (one M1 one M2 according to the stamps). Filter had 07 marked on it, so possibly 2007!

Filter checked, not much in the way of deposits, certainly not 1cm squared of metal particles that would require replacing the entire injection system according to the manual...

Plotted a fuel pressure graph. 240 bar at idle, some pretty high values when driving, a couple over 1000. So I hope nothing tragically wrong with the pump.

Starts OK, idles OK, drives OK, just the light comes on for one second when accelerating from 1500 to 3500 rpm. No hesitation, nothing.

Not sure what to check next. Could buy a leak off test kit...

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
have you cleaned the maf ?, its more than likely a 2p washer on the fuel rail or may be a duff pressure sensor sending incorrect reading to the ecu

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thought I'd add a couple of screenshots of the 'Torque' Android app on my phone in case people are interested.
You can create your own screen layouts using various types of gauges etc. On my phone its a bit limited but I'll hopefully be getting myself an Android tablet before too long

There's also a really good "Eco warrior" widget which monitors your driving style

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today seemed like a nice day to test the injectors.

The photo is actually round the wrong way, number 2 is the leaky one.

Do DIY coders exist for programming the ECU?! I suspect my diagnosis has come to an end and I have to visit a garage to code the replacement.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
can you swap the injectors around replacement injectors are about £65 ea

This seems a common fault on the clio (k9k)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts