Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a knock from my engine, I’m new to these cars so trying to figure out if it’s just normal or worse. My guesses are chain, tappets or bottom end, could anyone shed any light on it?
it’s an 08 Nissan note 1.4 petrol

·
Registered
868 Posts
It sounds more top end rather than bottom. Either way i would take it to a trusted local independant garage.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Not a nice sound to have coming from your car.
Have you checked the oil level ?
Sounds far fetched i know, but the hydraulic lifters for the tappets need enough oil to operate correctly, if they don't have enough oil then the pressure to lift them drops and causes the chatter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not a nice sound to have coming from your car.
Have you checked the oil level ?
Sounds far fetched i know, but the hydraulic lifters for the tappets need enough oil to operate correctly, if they don't have enough oil then the pressure to lift them drops and causes the chatter.
Sounds like this to me. My E11 makes a similar noise when I first start driving in the cold. After a minute it goes away, as the oil pressure builds up and the hydraulic lifters get their lubrication.
I'd take a look at the oil pump.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got a knock from my engine, I’m new to these cars so trying to figure out if it’s just normal or worse. My guesses are chain, tappets or bottom end, could anyone shed any light on it?
it’s an 08 Nissan note 1.4 petrol
As discussed my experiences with Sineu over past year, can be a lot of things. Note is not helpfull in giving proper error codes. My warning, do not get in lot dealer expenses and plan their moves on their costs. If possible. Is the problem related to a certain level of idle and temperature? Was she serviced by with proper oil grade last time, is a narrow thing on a Nissan Note.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts