Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I went to change my spark plugs today and check my HT leads. I had no luck in finding either. I know for other makes and model of cars there are useful youtube videos outling how to do simple engine repairs. There are also useful diagrams on forums with guides.

Is there an equivalent for the Nissan Note?

Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
The spark plugs are "buried deep" in recessed holes in the head and of course it's also all underneath the engine cover. Also you won't find any conventional plug leads as each plug has its own ignition coil mounted onto the plug itself. You will also need a long reach slimline socket to remove the plugs once you've found them

There are some videos showing this on YouTube somewhere (try searching for something like "change spark plugs nissan note").

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
there are no ht leads thay are coilpacks that plug directly on to the plug
on the 1.6 its a bit of a faff as you need to take off the inlet manifold when you put it back you need to use a new rubber gasket too

The k12 micra has the same engine as the note this is a very useful site

http://www.micrak12.com/sparkplugs.htm

·
Registered
92 Posts
Flash your not joking when you said it's a bit of a faff glad I've got the dci though the fuel filter is a pain.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Be careful and make sure the wiring loom is in the correct place otherwise when you put the manifold back in can nip the loom and that leads to no end of issues

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Just a pic to show the condition of 5yr old plugs replaced at 32k ,gaps are still to spec for 1.6 hr eng.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts