Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
simply Yes! go back to the dealer and have fun making them get you one.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
1.6 yes, If its the dirty derv or 1.4 then the answer is NO

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been looking on Autotrader and I can't find any of the recent Notes with an engine cover in the pics. Looks like another penny-pinchingexercise!

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Is your's a new Note, or an older model.

If an older one, my 2 year old diesel Note, has an engine cover.

Flash speaks with forked tongue.....the diesel has lower CO2 emissions than those filthy petrol models. The 1.6 auto is the worst for CO2.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boysie said:
Is your's a new Note, or an older model.

If an older one, my 2 year old diesel Note, has an engine cover.

Flash speaks with forked tongue.....the diesel has lower CO2 emissions than those filthy petrol models. The 1.6 auto is the worst for CO2.
It's a week old. Any other new owners care to share?

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
As previously mentioned, the last Note models to go out will suffer from little bits being left off. There is also an issue of the passenger seat storage box being removed from 'new' models.Those parts bins must be getting emptier.

New model Note will be here in Feb 2013.

Buyer beware.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
well its seems the 2012 notes are a parts bin special thay prob have the covers but run out of the mounts
Edited by: flash22

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
I told you all, if you buy the last of these Notes, it will resemble a roller skate.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Seems to be the diametric opposite of Ford/Vauxhall who 'throw everything in' when a new model is coming.
I had a Vauxhall Carlton as a company car many years ago and is was, the dealer called it, a 'crate upgrade'. The cars were delivered along with a crate full of bits for the dealer to fit like a better stereo system, window blinds, flaps, mats and, in my case, two spare alloy wheels which my fleet manager 'purloined'.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
That's how my father in law, 'upgraded' his new 1.6 Ford Capri L. He almost made to GXL spec.

Mind you, in the early 1970's, there wasn't that much to add, but he did his best. My old Ford Anglia was also 'made over'.

He was the service manager at a main Ford dealership.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Ah, the old Capri. my mate Alan had a 3.0 litre GTXLR - lovely motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts