Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Anyone know why the switch for folding the mirrors in is a 3-position switch?? Open - ?? - Close. Initially I thought it might be an auto-open/close position, but it isnt. At least it isnt on my Note

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
put it in the centre and you cant knock it with ya knee that mirror switch is used on quite a few models aswell (same switch just different part numbers)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flash22 said:
......................... you cant knock it with ya knee................
LOL... there is no way on earth I could knock the switch. Its too far over and up. Im well over 6 foot tall and my knee goes no where near it. I know Renault have those kinda switches (usually rotary though), but the only use I saw was on electrically adjusting the mirrors, the center position used to remove power from the motors and (in the case of some Scenics) stop the switch bursting into flames
Which brings me back to my original question ... any (other
) reason for the centre position on the mirror folding switch?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disable what though? I kinda hoped the centre position would be "Auto open/close" when you fire up the ignition the mirrors open, turn off and.. the mirrors fold, but alas it isnt. I guess it will remain a mystery

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SneakyElephant said:
centre position is 'neutral' to stop the mirrors moving if the adjustment buttons get nudged.
Im talking about the FOLDING MIRRORS button. not the mirror adjust switch. I see the point about the middle position being a neutral position for the mirror adjust. But for the folding mirrors, it isnt, is it? Set it to middle (neutral), nudge it (somehow), and whether the mirrors are open or closed you got a 50/50 your going to close/open them

So, once again, the floor is open. Anyone any more ideas as to why there is a middle position on the External Mirror Folding switch?

·
Registered
109 Posts
in either of the close or open position, power is running to the motor that moves the mirror,
the centre "neutral" position cuts the power to these motors so they dont burn out, short out or just be constantly on, to me its a simple on / off switch with an option of close & open,

dont think there is any other reason for the centre position

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
as above its a neutral-"all off" postion
i know that the same switch its in the versa, cube, and micra

it would be easy to fit a total closure module what works of the open/close pulse from the central locking module

then when you lock the car the windows will go up and the mirrors fold in then on opening the mirrors come out and the doors unlock

to make something up imho would me £10-15 quid in components at most

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
My 2008 has that type of switch.
(flip up and it stays up forever after the mirrors have finished folding, when I think about it I click it to the centre position etc.)
I just assumed that it was broken, and it should have been spring loaded so you have to hold it up or down to actually fold/unfold the mirrors and it springs back when you let go.
sounds like it isnt.
Edited by: mnl

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
flash22 said:
it would be easy to fit a total closure module what works of the open/close pulse from the central locking module

then when you lock the car the windows will go up and the mirrors fold in then on opening the mirrors come out and the doors unlock
In the Toyota forum they are wiring their cars to disable this feature, as when you garage it, skimming the wall on the passenger side, having the mirror fold out automatically will break it.

No-one is ever satisfied

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

Managed to find this:

http://www.acesdvds.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=59

It says its for the Qashqai but the plugs might be the same maybe( or could be modified) I'd love to have something like this fitted as I keep forgetting to flick the mirror switch on my note when parked up and it's bizarre that Nissan never added the remote closure mirror feature-my Mondeo had it!!

It's £60 mind you....

Mike.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does anyone know what would be needed to make a system to fold the mirrors in and out with the locking system? im willing to maybe give it a go, but not sure where to start :(

·
Super Moderator
1,917 Posts
Aidsy1 said:
Does anyone know what would be needed to make a system to fold the mirrors in and out with the locking system? im willing to maybe give it a go, but not sure where to start :(

Nope......but sticking your arm out the window is easier.

Sorry.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts