Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.Had my Note for about a month now and very happy, so light and responsive to drive. But thoughts turning to slight improvements.....

It's a bit frustrating, with the electric windows, you pull up, turn off extract the ignition key, then realise still got windows open. So key back in turn to 'accessories', close windows etc. Even worse when you realise a window open as you're walking away and remote locking the car!

My old Touran kept power to 'accessories' for a period after turning off the ignition. Even better, you could remotely close the windows (or open - great returning to a car parked in the sun) by holding down the locking button on the keyfob.

Is this feature avaialbe on any Note model? Anybody retrofitted something like this?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
No and no and, like you, it's something I miss from my old VW.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you can close the windows by remote with a total closure module I haven't managed to sit down an work it all out yet
the windows have perm power (high Current)to them and the switch gearare on a switched live (low current) all I need to find out is wether the lock signal from the central locking is pos or neg pulse

then its a case of building a circuit to suit (a relay and some sort of timer) to take the pulse the from the locking to switch a relay to power the windows up all this can be hidden in the drivers door

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both, glad to hear it's not just me being fussy!
It seems to me that this is, yet another, of those things that would make all our lives easier, would cost nothing to implement, yet manufacturers don't bother.

I'll keep an eye out for your project Flash!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried the test at Totalclosure.com (holding down fob lock button) windows don't close, so it may be more difficult!?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
that only works on vw's and Vauxhalls iirc

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can we also close mirrors using this method. Was going to look for an after market alarm system to do the windows and mirrors. My brother is an electrical engineer might see if he can build one.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I've just ordered a cobra closer

The mirrors are a bit more involved as you need to open as well as close but an easy add on

Its simple you use a locking pulse to activate a relay and you just copy the circuit for an opener you also need some sort of overide

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thanks flash, will do the windows first as am always leaving them open by mistake fronts only as I often have our dog in back and leave them open for her, nobody knows she there as she's black and blends in quite well behind the tinted glass. Will leave mirrors until later as I can push them shut after locking car.
Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now that I'm looking I notice there are quite a few 'closer' kits for sale, ebay, amazon etc. Prices from £7ish (seems too cheap to be true) to £35. All the ads are short on details, but many seem to be 'alarm centred'?

Has anybody got any experience of any of these?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
yes ive fitted a few closers and remote central locking systemson older cars
leave the cheap Chinese tat alone ive always installed toad, laserline or cobra items as in life you get what you pay for

the cobra 2890 is a good unit if you can find them as that now tend to build the closers into the alarms

a closer on its own is 8-10 wires 4 for the windows pos, neg and switch live 2-3 for the pulse and its ground

most of these modules are alarm add ons but can be used standalone

I haven't done a note yet but I will bein the next week or so I have a alarm tech sheet that gives the wire locations and colours

Edited by: flash22

1 - 11 of 11 Posts