Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

We have owned our 2010 1.4 Note for a just over a year and totally love it but yesterday it developed its first problem.

The drivers side elec window went down without an issue but now will not go back up!

I press the switch but nothing happens at all.I can still control the passenger window from the drivers side and have checked all fuses etc but no luck and image on switch is still illuminated.

I am useless when it comes to anything technical or DIY related so I am looking for a little advice-even a quick fix if there is one to get it closed tonight so it is secure,to be honest I a not bothered if I casnt fix it fully but just want it closed as the drive home earlier was freezing :)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
can you hear the motor trying to work ? if not take the door card off and have a look10 plate may just be under warrenty so get the dealer to sort it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys.

I think it is the switch-I took that off today and it looks as though the part on the circuit board that the button moves when you press it has stopped working and is just moving around freely.The part for the passenger side still works and has very little give compared the drivers one.Sorry for the terrible descriptions there!

I couldnt really hear a noise but my wife tried the one on passengers door which worked fine and we couldnt hear anything from that either so maybe just really quiet motor?

Do you have any idea of cost for replacement or if that is something warranty may cover?

I did a quick google and the cheapest part i could find was around £130 plus delivery.

http://www.g-parts.co.uk/index.php/...main-electric-window-switch-drivers-door.html

Sorry for being so useless and thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would love if this was covered by the warranty but i was wondering how a warranty works as I have never claimed before.

We are the 2nd owners of the car and have had it just over a year.It is due its first mot in March and in my wisdom I decided to wait until then for the service as well so technically that is now over due.

Would that invalidate any warranty?It has full history up until we bought the car,

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i may have a spare lurking but i neet to have a look, otherwise ebay and look for "nissan note breaking" and ask the seller
is the window still open ?? if you can get at the switch pcb you can short the switch and get the window up as long as the motor is ok

can you check the switch with a multi meter ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry for the delay in replying.

To be honest I am totally useless at things like this but have it booked into a garage tomorrow who will see if it is covered by warranty

They advised me if not covered that the switch alone would be £344!!!!

I have contacted a few on ebay who are looking for around £120 second hand but i am really keeping my fingers crossed the warranty covers it but as my service is overdue i am not sure if it will-wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If yours is a 5 button job check out item #160952610169 it's for a squashy but should be the same part, if not a 5 button job look for similar items under Nissan window switch.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
300 quid for a switch what a joke - the qashqai switch does the job as i have one that i know what works

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Firstly let's hope that it's a warranty job.

An 'out of the box' thought given the ludicrous price of a new component.

Whay not find a local electronics/TV repair guy. On the assumption that the switch is OK mechanically and has broken down eletronically there can't be much in there that attention from a competent solderer couldn't fix.

If it's non-warranty, you really have nothing to lose.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
If you dont get it done pm me i may be able to sort something for you

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Any news ??

I have stripped a switch down tonight and I will post some pics and info tommorow

In short the contacts on the drivers switch aren't sealed in turn anything that goes down the switch ie rain or a drink being spilt goes onto the contacts the other 3 window switches are a toggle type not sealed but thay won't have any issues the switches have tiny bit of silicone lube in them

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry for the huge delay-my laptop has been on the blink.

You guys were a huge help and I got the switch replaced under the warranty.

Really really appreciate all the help here with this and I hadn't even remembered about the warranty before you guys posted.

If any of you are ever in Glasgow I will buy you a beer :)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
no problems thats what the forums all about, i dissected a switch i had spare, so you give me something todo now i can see how it works and now have a few projects

1 - 18 of 18 Posts