Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I just got myself a 2014 note 1.2 tekna :)

All good so far apart from one thing, which I'd like to invite opinions on!

The outside temperature sensor on the instrument panel is way off - it's at minus 41 or something and doesn't change. I suspect that the ambient temp sensor is faulty but I can't find it! There are no tell tale small 'bumps' on the bottom of the door mirrors, I've had the front bumper off and can't see anything there. I've spoken with the dealer and he cant find it on his parts catalogue.

I did read elsewhere on the net that it had been said that some early E12's didn't have a sensor, and that may be so of mine - that it physically doesn't have a sensor, but why the dash display? BTW, my car has standard air con, not climate - I understand this sometimes makes a difference.

Best I can figure is that, the car is not meant to have this reading and that it has somehow been activated, or that it is meant to have a sensor but it is missing and that's why I can't find it! I should say that I haven't come across any spare wiring connectors that look like they should be plugged into something.

My vin is SJNTBAE12U1074215 (I hope it's ok to post that).

Can anyone offer any ideas or suggestions on why I have a reading but seemingly no sensor, where the sensor should be or even if it's supposed to have a sensor at all!

Many, many thanks - Fraser

·
Registered
917 Posts
Hello all. I just got myself a 2014 note 1.2 tekna :)

All good so far apart from one thing, which I'd like to invite opinions on!

The outside temperature sensor on the instrument panel is way off - it's at minus 41 or something and doesn't change. I suspect that the ambient temp sensor is faulty but I can't find it! There are no tell tale small 'bumps' on the bottom of the door mirrors, I've had the front bumper off and can't see anything there. I've spoken with the dealer and he cant find it on his parts catalogue.

I did read elsewhere on the net that it had been said that some early E12's didn't have a sensor, and that may be so of mine - that it physically doesn't have a sensor, but why the dash display? BTW, my car has standard air con, not climate - I understand this sometimes makes a difference.

Best I can figure is that, the car is not meant to have this reading and that it has somehow been activated, or that it is meant to have a sensor but it is missing and that's why I can't find it! I should say that I haven't come across any spare wiring connectors that look like they should be plugged into something.

My vin is SJNTBAE12U1074215 (I hope it's ok to post that).

Can anyone offer any ideas or suggestions on why I have a reading but seemingly no sensor, where the sensor should be or even if it's supposed to have a sensor at all!

Many, many thanks - Fraser
This won't totally solve your situation but i can at least rule out one thing.
My E12 Note is one of the earliest (Dec 2013).. the outside temperature display is always perfectly correct. So therefore there must be a working sensor on early car's, though mine does have climate control (acenta plus)
Your model is a tekna so it should have climate as standard (look for 'auto' on the R.H heater controls)
I'd guess you have a damaged or missing sensor. The mystery of where it's situated still needs to be resolved...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Don't know if this applies to the E12 variant, but when i owned the E11 variant, the outside temp sensor was clipped to one of the plastic parts of the front grille.
It looked like an oval bit of black plastic with a cable attached.
Using your car VIN number, you can search here -- www.partsouq.com
You will at least find the part number so you have something to search with, or you can order the part if it's stocked.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
94 Posts
I have the same opinion as Jymmer.
My E12 Note is produced between your car and Jymmer's, and it always show correct outside temp.

The sensor should be between front grille and the radiator/condenser.
This site suggests the part number is 27722-3VA0A or 27722-3RA0A.
But I would check if the wire broken first, before buying a new set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies, I'm going to remove the bumper again and have another look. Thanks to all

1 - 5 of 5 Posts