Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

E12 2014 model flat battery

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  james37611 
#1 ·
Anyone else had a new battery then it's gone dead after a period of no use?

I bought the car with a dead battery, had it replaced, and the new battery is about a month old, maybe 2 at most. Been mostly driving to and from work which is about 4 miles each way, and parked up for 10 hours in between commute.

It's had one long trip out, about 100 miles or so, but otherwise does 8 miles a day Monday to Friday, sits outside on road for Saturday and Sunday and starts fine on Monday mornings.

Went on holiday for 7 days, not in my car so that stayed at home, came back and went in my car to move it and it wouldn't start, just kept making clicking noises, same noise I had when it wouldn't start on the old dead battery. Called AA out, they were out in minutes, and did a test and showed it had 8 amps charge, not enough to start it but said the battery was good, just needed a recharge so drove it about for an hour.
He said there must be something that's been drawing power, but what he didn't know.

I had the lights off, radio off and wipers off. Only thing that was on when I turned it off was the entertainment system, which stays on anyway you can't turn that off, the warning systems and the heater/air con control unit. These turn themselves off when I press the stop button.

Anyone else had this? Anyone know what might be drawing power? As he said for a new battery after 7 days shouldn't draining power?

See less See more
#3 ·
Not sure if this is going to help but I had exactly the same problems turns out the battery was fine and it was the starting motor that needed replacing. That's the thing that helps the car start. Not sure what it is called in English in Italian - Motorino di Avviamento. Now it works like a charm, before it was dying left right and centre.

If the car is old, it could be that.

#4 ·
Thank you guys had the AA out again and was told I'd need to go to an auto electrician. Luckily there is one on the estate from where I work, halfway through the day I had a phone call to say they found the problem, it was the all round camera system staying on somehow, so they said I can go to Nissan to sort it out or disconnect it and have no camera or lane departure warning, I told then just disconnect it and see how I get on, but I haven't left it off over a long period yet, only left it off for 1 day so far and has started fine, the clock has stopped playing up as well, so all seems to be fine now strange how the camera system is playing up, but for the moment no reversing camera so back to using eyes and judgement 😂

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.