Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I bought Note E11 HR16DE Tekna '00 Automatic, (Millage around 38k) 2 months ago. From the beggining I've got the fuel consumption at 12-13L per 100 km. I live in London but often do an offpeak juorneys. I've been to check ehxaust gas composition and the AFR is right. I use air conditioning a lot, but tried to use a full tank without and the consumption dropped to 11L per 100 km. I don't have a "heavy right leg". I try to drive eco, but nothing change.

What is your average fuel consumption? As I can see there is about 7-8 L per 100 km which is perfect for me. What could be wrong with my car?

Many thanks for responses guys!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My auto does around 7 miles to a litre, which is about 8.9litres/100km, no traffic jams, but plenty of short journeys.

Things to check

Air filter
Brakes dragging
Exhaust blocked
Fuel leak
Low tyre pressures

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

So I can tell you that the car is in a perfect condition. All of the filters / luquids is amazing clean and clear.

Tyres have been infilled to the right pressure, there is no brakes dragging as I release the acceleration pedal the car drive far, far and far away... like on a neutral gear.

Exhaust hasn't been blocked and I can't see any fuel leaks...

What I've noticed is when I stop the car and turn the engine off, leave for a while (longer while) and then turn the engine on the fuel level is lower then before stopping... sometimes I went 60 miles and there is 3/4 of the tank, sometimes I do 100 miles and there is the same level... but the averange fuel consumption is always more then 12 l per 100 km...

Generally the car drive "lightly" I naver had that "lightly driving" car before, but something is wrong with the fuel consumption.

Generally I do journeys from home to work, (I work in a couple of place, so I need to move between those in a day) and from work to home. The minimum distance is more than 5 miles...

I assume that when I'm gonna drive hardly the fuel consumption will be around 18 L per 100 km or more...

My hobby is a car reparation so I can do a lot myself, but in that case I don't know what else should I do...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Have you had the car scanned for any error messages stored ?
Maybe consider a full tune up if no errors present.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Take the car to a garage or have a mobile technician come to you to give your car a thorough tune up of the engine, they check everything is as it should be for emissions, fuel, air, electrics etc etc.

·
Registered
76 Posts
An E11 does it's own check like most cars. Not much dealers can do much to change that in the ECU or not at all. They can clean a few things like PCV, mass air flow sensor and throttle valve. Make sure tyres aligned and right pressure. But an E11 is a thirsty car to run. 10 kms to a liter. Specs say more economically. But not true if any city travel involved. Airco can consume up to 25% extra!. Due to emission restrictions ECU manipulation is almost ruled out and not aware of people chipping Nissan notes. On the high way on long hauls she performs better. Depending on speed. And she is a bit a square box not an aerodynamical miracle. She is best at moving stuff in the city. If you have an elm327 dongle with carscanner app you can invoke a function test of the ECU if components pass. Push emission tests from menu.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts