Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E12 note with drl lights. .
One of mine was blown so i thought I'd 'upgrade' to LED bulbs whilst going to the trouble of changing them in their tight location.
What a disaster that turned out to be.
They kept blowing fuse 37.
Did research and it's a common problem. Some cars won't have it due to the much lower consumption that LED's use.
The only way round it, is to fit inline resistors to each bulb holder wiring.
That's too fiddly, so I'm fitting standard candescent bulbs back in for the time being.
Maybe in the spring I'll fit resistors, but it's a pig horrid area to work in unless you take the wheel and whole wheel arch liner out.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Having worked on my E12 foglight and DRLs quite a lot I can now give a few tips.
The best access is with the wheel off and the whole arch liner taken out.
However i just turned the steering until the appropriate wheel was full lock pointing 'in', then take the three screws from the front mud flap off.
The two bottom ones are star screws and the upper one is posidrive. You can then bend the liner back far enough to access the rear of the said light unit.
It is a tight working space..
I found it easier to disconnect the two electrical leads (one for fog, one for drl).
Then just unscrew the two large posidrive screws that hold the assembly in.
The light unit can then be removed complete and bulb changing is MUCH easier. You can see the various lugs for the bulbs and it avoids accidentally breaking the bulb bases/plastic retainers (they are flimsy). Also you'll see and re fit the green sealing washer on the drl wiring plug that can all too easily get lost.
My first attempt 12 months ago to do this job was very fiddly indeed but now I've mastered it.
In the handbook it advises, Dealer replacement required.. It also says drl's are 13 watts, but that's a mis print because 19 watts is clearly printed on the back of the hella light fitting (plus all the H16 bulbs for sale are 19 watts for E12's and the Audi A3)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts