Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.6 06 reg SVEand I've started to get window switch problems for the drivers window. a week or so ago the one click close option stopped working. OK i thought just stick with the hold to close option until after xmas. today the switch stopped working on any of the close options. I've managed to close the window with some careful jiggling of the switch so I guess the switch is breaking up inside.

I don't particularly want to pay dealer costs to repair this so my questions are as follows;
1. has anyone else come across this?
2. is the switch available as a block of four or can you buy the individual switches?
3. how do you get the switch unit out?

now to make sure that no one uses the switch.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Its a complete unit its a 5 min job its held by a spring clip you just need to lever it up from the front about 30-40 mmback
disconnect the wiring (small flat blade helps with the tag) it may be worth giving the wiring a jiggle before you disconnect it too

as for the part do a search on ebay for "nissan note breaking" and ask the seller

put a bit of tape over it so it dont get used

Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
breakersdefinitelythe best option as flash says , and its plug and play basically so simple to change yourself

check the plug before replacing incase its a simple loose connection

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flash22 said:
Its a complete unit its a 5 min job its held by a spring clip you just need to lever it up from the front about 30-40 mmback
disconnect the wiring (small flat blade helps with the tag) it may be worth giving the wiring a jiggle before you disconnect it too

as for the part do a search on ebay for "nissan note breaking" and ask the seller

put a bit of tape over it so it dont get used
I take it you mean 30-40 mm from the narrow end of the unit?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
sorry yes 30-40mmm in from the sharp end
If you remove the battery or a fuse you will loose the one touch you hold the switch down (window all the way down)then pull the switchall the way up (secont notch/click) wind the window all the way up and hold up for10-15 secondsto program the one touch

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not a Note man myself....my wife actually drives one. If a car can survive her its gotta be good. Many thanks for your helpful post re drivers window switch. I thought you had to take all the door trim off to get at it. It would have cost me about ‚¬365 to buy the part in Ireland but got s/h unit on your side of the pond for ‚¬ 136 delivered to my door. Could nearly have flown over to collect it and still have change...once again many thanks...........Martin

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have done this reset and the one touch close works untill engine switched off, the one touch open works but close position doesnt any ideas?

·
Registered
5 Posts
have done the set up for one touch function, it works for a couple of hours the the auto close stops working again, any ideas please

·
Registered
453 Posts
Have you done this? Don't think you need to do point 7.

SYSTEM INITIALIZATION
If any of the following work has been done, initialize the system.
l Electric power supply to power window switch or motor is interrupted by blown fuse or disconnecting battery
cable, etc.
l Removal and installation of the regulator assembly.
l Removal and installation of the motor from the regulator assembly.
l Removal and installation of the harness connector of the power window switch.
l Operate the regulator assembly as a unit.
l Removal and installation of the door glass.
l Removal and installation of the door glass run.
Initialization
After installing each component to the vehicle, follow the steps below.
1. Disconnect the minus terminal of battery or disconnect power window switch's harness connector temporarily,
then reconnect after at least 1 minute.
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
3. Press and hold the Driver Down window switch until the window glass has reached the Lower Mechanical
limit.
4. Release the Driver Down window switch.
5. Pull and hold the Driver Up window switch (to the second 'detent') until the window glass has reached the
Upper Mechanical limit and continue to hold the Driver Up window switch for a further 5 seconds after the
glass has reached the Upper Mechanical limit (it is necessary that this whole operation is done with one
continuous pull of the Driver Up switch).
6. Release the Driver Up window switch.
7. Inspection of the anti-pinch system function.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my nissan note 56 model had same problem 2 yrs ago and i paid £149 to replace the switch now it has gone again but i am not so sure it is the switch as sometimes it partially works and sometimes it doesnt work at all. I think the problem is a loose connection

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but that was my experience too. Switch gradually becomes more unreliable until it reaches critical mass. The external switchconnections have safety clips to make sure they dont pop off so I suggest its more likely the internal connections of the switch that are screwing up. Second hand unit best option. If its any consellation my wifes note airbag failed and all the ideas for resetting didnt work so it cost about ‚¬ 930 to sort and then a week later the battery died so another ‚¬86 for that . Happy Days !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
tip for windows sometimes not closing, the unit detects a set current limit to the motors, so any dirt etc in the window glas guides will cause the load on the motor to increase thus tripping the limit current function. Lower the glass fully and clean out the guides then dry them and squirt in some Silicone based polish (mr sheene etc) wipe of the excess then do the reset procedure, if like mine you will find that the windows closes nice and smooth and a bit quicker than it used to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts