Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The linkage arm inside my drivers side air vent has come off loose so my question is how easy is it to remove this air vent (yes I've had a look in the how to's which suggested to remove the whole dashboard trim
) but my guess is there is either plastic or metal clips around the front vent trim which should be easy to prize off?

Anyone removed the vent before I end up cracking mine open and if so what o'clock position are the clips located on it or better still any photos of the removal? Another job to do now

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is this the one next to the radio? If so follow the how to for removing the radio and I think you should be able to get to the vent controls from there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoever had this car before me obviously clipped on a stupid sat nav or mobile phone holder to the air vent, the stupid ham fisted idiot whoever they were broke the flimsy linkage part to the vent flap, seriously £25 to replace a vent flap broken by the previous owner?????

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Looks like an Araldite and suitably sized small fibre washer job to me, bloody site less than £25!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I have some spares, yes you do need to remove a lot of the dash to remove them without doin major damage to the dash, the good news is with a trim tool you can pop the vent flaps out as thay only clip in place I have some pics but I've got to find them

A pair of vents from the breakers cost me £30 inc post and where marked as thay tried to pry them out (see my "today I have mainly been.........." thread for the finished item

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I will have a look and send you a pm with a price (prob just to cover the P&p, ect)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts