Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just removed my drivers seat to oil the underside to stop an irritating squeak when i discovered some wiring connected to two plug/sockets on the underside of the seat, any ideas what these are for???????

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
seat belt warning and the pressure pad, if its a later car it will also have the airbag wiring
you can unbolt the lower seat squab (4 nuts)rather the having to take the seat out what makes life easier

uk models never got heated seats and it wasn't a option when new

Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc there a mechanical device as so as the get a hard knock thay go off pulling your belt tight and in the process breaking your pelvis and giving you major bruising across for chest and shoulder just before the air bag goes boom in your face

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Don't forget that as a ntec+ driver you also have the air bag which deafens you in your right ear just before smacking you on the side of the head!

·
Registered
276 Posts
flash22 said:
iirc there a mechanical device as so as the get a hard knock thay go off pulling your belt tight and in the process breaking your pelvis and giving you major bruising across for chest and shoulder just before the air bag goes boom in your face

I didn't know if it was mechanical or electrical - but there do seem to be too many wires under my seat for just a bum-on-seat-detector.

I believe that some pre-tensioners are gas-powered but electrically triggered (like a kind of airbag in reverse) - again clearly something not to be tampered with in case it goes off in your face

1 - 11 of 11 Posts