Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Has anyone else had a problem with their Note driver's seat (and front passenger's seat) stitching coming apart?

My 09 reg is a few months out of warranty and whilst Nissan have offered a contribution to the main dealer costs, it still leaves me hundreds of pounds out of pocket if I accept!

Lots more information available, just thought I would ask to see if this was a problem that anyone else has had (dealer being very unhelpful!!)

Many thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have an 08 admittedly at fairly low mileage (about 28,000) but the seats are perfect. I would have thought you'd be better off buying some secondhand seats off ebay, probably a lot cheaper than buying new. You may have to keep your eye out for a while to get some nice ones for a reasonable price. You don't say what colour / type your seats are but eg here is a black half leather type for £150 or can make an offer:
Can't see that buying brand new oneswould be worth it. How much are they?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Coolhands for your reply.

The dealer is charging £900 to correct this problem, I assume they are suggesting the replacements of both seats.

This is a huge amount of money and as you say, I might be better buying some from ebay. What I am likely to end up doing is having them repaired by a professional upholsterer for around £100.

Like your Note, mine has only done about 27k miles and is in excellent condition - I just feel the seats should not have started to come apart at such an early age.

It would be helpful though to find out if this is a common problem or am I just unlucky?

Thanks again

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've not heard of it before. What style are your seats? (what model is your note? eg Tekna, or SVE, or what?). I agree a professional upholsterer would be better value than forking out £900 on new seats. There's no way that's worth it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again Coolhands,

Not sure of the style, but it is a 1.4 Accenta.

The frustrating thing is that Nissan are offering several hundred pounds to the extremely unhelpful dealership but will not reimburse me if I get them repaired, even though it will save them several hundred pounds! Logic?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Upholsterers can be VERY expensive.

I do know a guy in Cannock, Staffs who does great work at reasonable prices. I actually took a leather chair from west London to him as it was cheaper than getting it done locally.

PM me if you would like details.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
The guy I used in Cannock completely refurbished a leather recliner chair (new cushion, leather 're-dyeing', frame re-fixing and,mechanism repair etc.) for £310. The cheapest quote I got locally was £920!

He does repairs to domestic, commercial and automotive seating and wooden furniture and I can't recommend him highly enough.

Here's the link http://www.reclinerfurniturerepairs.com/index.html

If you click on his gallery mine is the reclining chair (fourth one down).

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Dont forget the seat uprights on the later notes have side airbags in them the lower seat squabs are an easier fix tho (mines starting to sag at the back)
as above ebay or a breakers and replace the seat(s) there a quite a number of dead notes about

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone for their comments so far, much appreciated - are there any other members that have had a similar problem to me with their seats - or is that I am just unlucky?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts