Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan Note 1.4 Manual, November 2006 EA 56 DDL, UK RHD

My driver’s Electric Window Switch will not work. Only the front windows are electric. The rest of the switches on both doors work fine. My garage tell me there is current to the inoperable switch, and the fault is in the switch itself.

I have been unable to locate a used replacement two-button switch panel, though there are plenty of similar used replacement four-button panels which operate front and back window systems.

I am wondering whether:
A four-button panel will swap in?
The driver’s switch itself from a four-button panel will swap in?
Anyone knows where to obtain a used replacement for my two-button panel.

Regards,

Raff.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Car breakers yard, or if your really desperate and cannot find one, a Nissan Stealer.

·
Registered
682 Posts
@Raffles42
It is the rear switch but could you not remove it from the housing and wire it to the front window wiring ?
BTW a nissan stealer is a dealer ( stealer = dealer ), as in they charge a massive amount.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Raffles42
It is the rear switch but could you not remove it from the housing and wire it to the front window wiring ?
BTW a nissan stealer is a dealer ( stealer = dealer ), as in they charge a massive amount.
That kind of modification is beyond me. But thank you for your comments.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The AA located a two button switch for me. Swapped it in and it works fine, so problem solved. Raff.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The AA located a two button switch for me. Swapped it in and it works fine, so problem solved. Raff.
Why would the AA do that. They cover you for road side assistance and breakdowns, they are not a car repair service as far as I know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts