Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

so my window went down fine earlier and now it won’t come back up.
I’ve tried the 10 second window down reset but it didn’t work.
I took the switch out, and when there’s power to the car, you can hear a clicking that you can’t hear when the power is off.
Is it likely the motor?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Have you tried pulling up on the window as you operate the switch ?
Sometimes windows stick for no apparent reason and just need a little "nudge" to get them moving again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried pulling up on the window as you operate the switch ?
Sometimes windows stick for no apparent reason and just need a little "nudge" to get them moving again.
Hi sorry for the late reply. Yes I’ve took the door panel off and gave it a nudge while pressing the switch. No joy.

When I press the switch, I can hear a clicking sound which can’t be heard with the ignition off, also, the passenger window won’t go down when I remove the circuit board for the switch. Is it likely to be the motor or regulator?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Only way i can think of is to pull the plug for the motor and connect it directly to a battery.
If it works then you have eliminated the motor as being faulty and the fault may be with the regulator.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did try taking the motor out yesterday but I dunno how to disconnect the wiring. I can’t get my hands behind the metal under the door panel.
I’ll have to just cave and go to a mechanic on Monday.
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
725 Posts
Come back and let us know what the issue was and what the cost was.
Hope it's not too expensive, go to a local independant garage rather than a Nissan stealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come back and let us know what the issue was and what the cost was.
Hope it's not too expensive, go to a local independant garage rather than a Nissan stealer.
cheers man.
I went local and the mechanic believes it’s either the switch or the motor. When he tested the switch, he was getting a reading when the button was pressed down, but there wasn’t a reading when the button was pressed up. Something about a diode or a capacitor or something that charges when the button is pressed... positive and negative when the window goes one way, and then flips it when the window goes the other way.

Anyway, it’s a 2 button switch with the part number 25401bh03b

turns out it’s like gold dust because apparently “Nissan didn’t make them with 2 buttons” according to some people he spoke to for a price.
He called multiple Nissan dealerships but with most people furloughed, nobody was answering. He called multiple salvage brokers and various other people, and only one person said they could get the part, from China, in 3 weeks, for £175 ish.
We decided to leave it for now and I’ll just keep an eye out for that part number.

he managed to get the window up so there’s no rush for now.
Charged me £20 for his trouble, which is reasonable.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Nice to know you got the window closed eventually.
£175 is bloody expensive though. if it were me i would get online and you can send messages to multiple breakers at one time using online services. Tell them what you need and the part number and sit back and wait for them to reply to you with prices.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts