Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ALL!

Does anyone know how to remove the DRIVERS seat cushion ie bit you sit on? Does the whole seat need to come out or can it be removed without taking it out?

Jerry

·
Registered
109 Posts
i dont have an answer but will watch this as mine is damaged and if its easy enough i will consider replacing mine,

hope you get some help

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just managed to buy one from ebay in MINT condition, barely used! From Nissan this costs around

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
4 bolts and disconnect the wiring (take off the battery off for atleast 15 min's before)
once the seat is out un clip the 2 side peices then you can get to the clips

seams to be a common issue mine has sagged at the back on the bottom sqib/cushion

will dig up the info out the fsm if anyone needs it

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one Flash!

Seat arrived today, and true to the sellers description, its virtually brand new

Looking at the underside of the seat cushion, it does look to have clips that hold it inplace to the frame.

I may hold onto the seat till next year when my service is due and get them to fit it at the same time! I think I can live with the current seat cushion till then!

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
15 minutes is the usual recommended time to make sure all the power is drained from airbags etc.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
As the main manabove said .it gives the car enough time to discarge the power from its systems the air bag being the important one when removing the seat as there are 2 sensors iirc some notes have side airbags in the seat
If you disconnect theseat wiring without taking the battery off you could cause theair bag ecu to show a fault orin the worse case set the airbag off either way it going to cost you money if you dont take the battery off

·
Registered
453 Posts
Good point chaps. Must make a note of that one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts