Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried describing this to a couple of main dealers, but they come back with the same blank stare.

The car was supplied 2nd hand without mats. I then went and purchased mats online from a main dealer which came in nissan packaging with nissan part codes, etc.

However, the mat that goes in the drivers footwell has a space for a male peg to go into. The footwell has a female attachment built into it, so what I am in need of is the male-male peg that connects the two.

I am not sure whether this is by design of the peg in the drivers footwell has snapped/off come loose but if someone could set the record straight that would be helpful!

Cheers,
Matthew

·
Registered
43 Posts
The drivers carpet should have a male press stud and the mats the female part mate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tman said:
The drivers carpet should have a male press stud and the mats the female part mate.

Did the stud come seperately from the mat in the packaging or where they already mated?

I shall have another look at the mat to make sure it's not there, but if so, then sourcing it might not be fun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The male part comes in the carpet factory fitted dealer should be able to get you 1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the message I got back when questioning in July when mats arrived:-
Dear [Firthy27]I checked the mats again and they do only come with a female plastic plug and no male connections. The male connection should be in your vehicle and if it is not it would suggest it has been broken or lost.
All the Nissan mats seem to work this way.
Thanks[Parts Advisor]
I asked my home Reg Vardy Nissan dealership if they could order the part, but they were unable to find a part number for it.
Anyone in the know tell me what the part number is, or give me the details of a helpful parts dealer, as it's not exactly a heavy part to post.

Cheers,Matthew<div style="font-size: small; ">

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
theres nothing listed in the nissan fast i can find,i assume its part of the carpet
i know the vx corsa mats come with a screw in peg - trip to a breakers yard me thinks

i will have a look in my bits box but ive more than likely binned the corsa peg

Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
No mate nothing at all listed Nissan buy the carpets in weigh the pegs already in they would only sell a complete carpet. Breakers yard might be your best bet. But they ain't easy to fit drivers seat will have to proberbly come out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VHB Velco has been bought and fitted as per flash22's suggestion.

The velcro bond is almost stronger than the adhesive, but it seems like it will do the job.

Have phoned round some breakers previously and they all came back with nothing.

Cheers

Edited by: Firthy27

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the vhb tape is evil stuff warm it up with a heat gun or hair dryer and it will never let go

1 - 15 of 15 Posts