Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We own a Nissan Note 1.5 dci N-Tec which is VED band C 119g/km. It is a 2009 59.

Does anyone know if this car has a diesel particulate filter fitted. I do not know or how to tell if it has. We have owned it for 12 months and never seen any warning lights on the dash.

Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Yes the 1.5 dci does have a DPF fitted. As you probably know, this needs a good clear-out occasionally to keep it clean. I usually take my N-Tec for an 80mph burn along the M4 on weekends, that does the trick. The owners manual should tell you about this and how to maintain performance. I have been told that the Nissan main dealers charge an awful lot (around 200 quid???) to decoke the DPF should it become clogged, so prevention is better than cure!

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
main reason i went for the petrol was theDFP as i do short runs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I've been looking at getting a diesel note do they all have a dpf or did the only start fitting them after about 09Edited by: chadders

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I think it's only after Oct 2009.

If the dealer can't clear your DPF a new one fitted is c. £8-900 (gulp). Regeneration will cost c.£290

That's why, like Flash, I went for petrol as most of my trips are short.
Edited by: Nigel B

·
Registered
138 Posts
And I changed to petrol too...because I also had problems with a diesel from another marque.....my engine never got to 9000 miles and it literally blew.....despite doing regular 30 mile runs it seems even that wasn't enough to regenerate the DPF.... mine was under warranty luckily but don't want to experience that awful event ever again.....

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
The son-in-law has a Land Rover and he's taken out his DPF and he tells me he gets more MPG.
Is this possible?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes it is possible and there are companies you will see advertising to do it for you and often remap the engine....seemswithout it...it is more economic and faster......and is NOT an MOT failure point by what I read in one advert, I know a lot of BMW owners are getting them removed......I repeat I went to petrol after a very bad experience with one....on a 170 mile journey back home....15 miles from home and Bang....a finale for a few bits.....under warranty but...changed to a NissanNote petrol....no regrets at all so far

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hi,I have a 59 DCi too and had no issues with it. If you are doing good runs with the car I don't think you will have issues. If the light comes on, follow what the book says.

I'm the Quality Manager for the company that makes the support mats that hold the DPF in the steel can, and I have not heard of any issues with this engine design.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Look for a short fat canister on the exhaust.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The DPF seems to be introduced for Euro 5 compliance starting 11/2010 production on K9K 1.5 dCi engines. The engine output was increased to 90 hp at that time.

My 1.5 dCi 86 hp Acenta is 06/2009 production and definitely does not have a DPF. I just checked underneath the car in case I'd misunderstood Nissan's parts catalogue. It's just regular exhaust pipework all the way from the downpipe to the rear silencer.

So, according to that the 86 hp 1.5 dCi is non-DPF and the current 90 hp is withDPF. If I'm right, all Note 1.5 dCi's 2006-2011 do not have the DPF.

Not sure about the 1.5 dCi 106 hp used on SVE. I can't find enough information on it.

All dCi's have an EGR Valve though.....so that's something to consider and often really problematic on small diesel engines.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.