Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

Door rubbing strip

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Nigel B 
#1 ·
One of the rear door rubbing strips has come unstuck. It doesnt appear to have been hit as it was unmarked but loose. To make matters worse my wife pulled it off for safe keeping and sheared the two plastic lugs that part hold it on but it the primary fixing appears to be black mastic stuffQuestion is what do I use to re attach it to door?

#3 ·
You can either buy a new one, and pay to have it colour matched, or glue it back with clear silicon sealant/gasket in a tube. (or black if you want, just clear is less messy)

Likely there is a special sticky pad available from Nissan, don't use ordinary sellotape foam sticky pads, the glue melts in the sun and it will come off.

You could also get half a dozen interior mirror sticky pads from a motor factor. These are high temperature glue and really sticky.

#5 ·
mnl said:
You can either buy a new one, and pay to have it colour matched, or glue it back with clear silicon sealant/gasket in a tube. (or black if you want, just clear is less messy)

Likely there is a special sticky pad available from Nissan, don't use ordinary sellotape foam sticky pads, the glue melts in the sun and it will come off.

You could also get half a dozen interior mirror sticky pads from a motor factor. These are high temperature glue and really sticky.
Thanks I'll try the mirror pads. If it still had the two plastic retaining clips I'd be less worried what I used as if it failed still mechanically fixed albeit loosely to door
Peter

#6 ·
peter hurst said:
Thanks I'll try the mirror pads. If it still had the two plastic retaining clips I'd be less worried what I used as if it failed still mechanically fixed albeit loosely to doorPeter
You can buy panel clips from fleabay for buttons; do a seach and compare them to see which ones you'll need. Generally speaking they're "designed" to snap when removed, so it's handy to have a couple in the shed anyway.

#7 ·
If you can get hold of some, Scotch 665 double sided tape is the one to use.

It's commonly used for attaching rubber to metal and has good temperature performance.

Hell, I'm not even a Note owner yet (tomorrow - yippee !!!!!) but I like helping people.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.