Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

its probably some testament to the cars that we've had one for 5 years and I'm just encountering a problem now!

The drivers door will open from the outside but not the inside, as if there's a child lock on. I took the inside panel off to take a look. It seems the cable is pulled by the inside handle but at the lock end it must fail to pull whatever it has to. It looks like quite a project to get the lock itself out of the door to look closer.

Has anyone else had this and found a solution

thanks

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum!
Secondly, I'm pretty sure there is a fix for this problem in the 'how to' or 'technical' sections so have a squint in there. Somebody else had the same problem last year and our clever members had the answer
p.s. are you a Mott the Hoople fan?

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Mr Elephant, those are the saturdaygigs in question. Well spotted.

The problem in the earlier post was about the inside handle being broken, and so not pulling the cable. My problem is that even when I pull the cable manually it doesn't release the door. I think the handle is pulling the cable correctly but its hard to be sure. Maybe I should pop to the main dealer parts and try to see what new handle looks like.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I read somewhere, must be on here somewhere, that the front locks have the child lock mechanism, without the little lever on the outside, when whatever flimsy material that they are made from starts to wear the remnants of the child lock engage and the inside handle stops working.

Here you go

http://www.noteownersclub.co.uk/forum/note-2008-drivers-door-problem_topic910.html

(Drunk with power now I found the insert hyperlink button
)

Edited by: mnl

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brilliant, 5 stars to mnl (and maw123 for the original solution). I'm almost kicking myself since I wrote at the beginning 'its as if there's a child lock on'. Who would think they would fit one to the front door and assume it will alwasy stay in the off position.

Well, that's me sorted. I'll be back in 5 years next time there's a problem. Its my wife's car, she's had an Almera and a Tino before and they were both virtually problem free.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh, and mnl, I just saw your tag line "
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><t><tr ="msgableRow"><td ="msgLineDevider">

<div ="msgSignature">
When something "breaks" 99 times out of a hundred it is to do with the very last thing that you did before it "broke".

</td></tr></t></table>my dad always used to say that. Its often turned out to be right.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Being a regular on a couple of forums, it is true.

I loose count of how many people post about a "sudden problem" that turns out to be the result of what that they just did

Happened to me a few times too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts