Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I had a quite disconcerting experience the other week. When going round a traffic system, which incidently I know very well, I had to sound my horn at a car coming across into my lane. He moved back over so I carried on to a set of traffic lights,which had just turned to red. Suddenly my drivers door was pulled open and this fellow about 60 tried to take my keys out of the ignition. I
managed to stop him and we exchanged a few polite obcenities to each other and we agreed to part on the same terms as we met.

The crux of the matter being when I tried to find out how to lock the doors when in the car you can't! You can have the boot, front passenger door and the two rear doors locked but if you lock the doors with the blipper before putting them in the ignition, when you start the car the door opens again.
Has any one got any other suggestions as to how I can secure the car if I need to when inside, I await your comments thanks Alan

·
Registered
103 Posts
Same here. Its a pity they didnt incorporate Renaults RAID system considering the Note is part Renault. Ive always though its a fantastic extra to have on a car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well thanks y'all can't believe I've had the car for 2 1/2 years and never realised that button was there. Only excuse I can come up with is my seat covers slightly cover it when I'm in the car and I don't look down when I plug the seat belt in HaHa thank s again anyway Alan

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
you can also get the hi jack activated by nissan so as soon as you go above 5-15mph the doors lock and stay locked till you exit the car
i like to lock my doors when going through slightly dodgy area's

woo hoo my 400 th post

·
Registered
103 Posts
flash22 said:
you can also get the hi jack activated by nissan so as soon as you go above 5-15mph the doors lock and stay locked till you exit the car.........

Darn... I wonder how much Nissan would charge for that. With the Renault you could do it yourself

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc its done via the consult 2 and settings are set in the bcm

·
Registered
109 Posts
i dont have the consult system in my 57 plate Tekna, is it a dealer job to get the auto locking enabled, or do you have to have the consult system?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
consult is a main dealer system thay plug in is diagnose faults
as yours is a 57 plate you may not have the feature

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up a 12 plate n-tec+ last week. The dealer told me the doors auto locked at 7 mph and said that he had set it up. That wasn't the case and the dealer has now advised that there is no auto lock feature, aside from having to remember to press the lock button every time. The anti hijack feature unlocks only the drivers door on entry, but the drivers door will not subsequently auto lock. If anyone knows differently, I will go back to the dealer again. I probably would not have bought the car if I had known that feature was not in place.Edited by: Jazzy

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
well i will double check the info i have, if not an after market alarm willhave the feature

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Sorry folks i got it wrong
the auto lock is only aval on cars with the optional intelli key system (keyless)

on the plus side i have figured out how to set the anti hi jack !!!!

How To.comming soon..............................

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is that available as a retrofit? I presume not, and I didn't see it as an optional extra on my n-tec+ either. Surprising, seeming as it is a top of the range new model.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it was an option on the tekna iirc when i got mine in late 09
if you get a decent alarm fitted you can get this option and also while there at it wire in total closure so the windows close and mirrors fold in

you can get a "plip" alarm this means it works off the standard key fob (no need for another fob)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Flash 22 when you say the anti hijack if you mean that when all the doors except the drivers door remain locked with one blip of the key and they all open with two blips I believe that it is activated by pressing both buttons on the key down for 10 seconds

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
craneman said:
Hi Flash 22 when you say the anti hijack if you mean that when all the doors except the drivers door remain locked with one blip of the key and they all open with two blips I believe that it is activated by pressing both buttons on the key down for 10 seconds
I put that in the how to's last week !!!

we was talking about doors locking above 7mph whats also know as "anti hi-jack"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts