Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could anyone help please, I am getting a funny noise from my Note's front passenger door when I lock door, it sounds like a solenoid jumping or a gear slipping, I have taken off the door panel to see if I could find fault but it is all enclosed, it appears to be coming from the bottom of the door lock, doors are all locking and unlocking but with this noise, I have tried soaking it in WD to see if it goes into lock, my Note is a 58 plate 1.4 accenta. thanks for all information that I have got from club posts, they have been very helpful
thanks again, Ron

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Nissan in there wisdom used the same mech in all the doors so the front doors still have the child lock built into them

Do a search as this problem has been covered a few times

Edit. Wd40 is a good degreaser but it just drys things out you need to relube it with an oil or silcone sprayEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks flash, will do a search later and see what I can find, thanks again for all info on site..

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
+1 for avoiding WD40 as a lubricant.
I now use the Teflon spray from the bike section at Halfords. Works really well on most surfaces, just don't leave it on the paintwork.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Nigel, will see if anything happens with wd which I have already put on, I do not hold much hope as it looks as if the noise is coming from the solenoid area and it looks as if it is a sealed unit, only had a look after taking door card off and I do not want to dismantle anything at the moment as I am going down to Bristol next weekend and would rather wait 'til after I get back, will be down there for 2 to 4 weeks with family. thanks again to all who run this site

·
Registered
887 Posts
yes, wd40 isn't good for owt.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Any ideas as to why my rear tail lock some times plays a game with me of not allowing me in ? most times fine just once in a while you know when you really need to open the boot!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
greenplane said:
Any ideas as to why my rear tail lock some times plays a game with me of not allowing me in ? most times fine just once in a while you know when you really need to open the boot!!
Think this is quite a common fault caused by a break in the wires, or sticking lock motor. Sure there's a post on it on the forum somewhere sorry haven't time to look at moment. Edited by: Coolbusby

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
assuming it's the wires, good luck.
You will need a continuity tester (or a battery and bulb) and a LOT of patience for, in their infinite wisdom, all of the wires passing through to the tailgate are white!

The most likely 'failure point' is where they pass through to bit of 'flexitube' from the body to the tailgate.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
No worries.
Stupid bloody design IMHO but they all seem to do it.

A simply multiway ribbon cable would solve the problem, preferably with a connector at each end to aid maintenance.

Damn this common sense!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts