Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.4 5dr N-Tec and have just purchased a Mimsafe Variocage for my dog. This cage has tiedown straps but I cannot find any D rings or other tie points in the boot/when the rear seats are down. Would it be OK to tie the cage using the upper rear seatbelt attachment? One strap on either side of the cage, attached to the seatbelt attachment would hold the cage in place but I'm not sure if the sideways force would damage the seatbelt attachment.

·
Super Moderator
2,160 Posts
That would more than likely be a failure on a MOT, and possibly illegal, if fitted there. Insurance could be voided in the event of any accident.

·
Super Moderator
2,160 Posts
If the cage fits in the luggage space with the back of the seats up, I'm pretty sure it won't be going far. Do the installation instructions require it fixing down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesn't fit with the seats up unfortunately. It's also just too big to go over the split seat with the single seat up to hold it in place. It has tiedown slots and straps - if you need them. Instructions just say to use the ties if needed. It slips around in the back of the car so I need to tie it down somehow. Next cage size up is too big to fit in the car and the smaller size is too small for the dog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts