Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2017 e-power note, Japanese import. Getting a message on screen saying " I don't have a map card" and "please insert a map card". There is a card in the slot, mostly Japanese writing on it. Send without the card I can't access Bluetooth or many other things, other than radio and reverse camera. I online chatted with a guy from navigationunlocker.com and he said there was nothing I can do. Has this been anyone else's experience? Do I have to replace the whole unit? I would rather not it's quite cool. Model mm316d-w
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This may, or may not, be helpful, as we deal with the Nissan Note petrol and diesel varieties.

Thanks Boysie, but in this instance the system so not even allow me to press the info button without the map card. I may just try purchasing a uk/Ireland Connect card and see if it works. Would you guess a connect2 or connect3?
Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
2,211 Posts
Thanks Boysie, but in this instance the system so not even allow me to press the info button without the map card. I may just try purchasing a uk/Ireland Connect card and see if it works. Would you guess a connect2 or connect3?
Thanks again.
Sorry matey, I haven't a clue which one. Other members of this group will have a better idea. I never use my radio, just the CD drive.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
You have a JDM unit. We don't know anything significant about them, except that cards for the Connect will not work.
Does the radio work? Japanese FM band is different to the one in the UK, it only goes up to 90MHz, so you might get radio 2 and a couple of local stations.

There are some Asian sources for the map card, but I doubt if it covers Europe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have a JDM unit. We don't know anything significant about them, except that cards for the Connect will not work.
Does the radio work? Japanese FM band is different to the one in the UK, it only goes up to 90MHz, so you might get radio 2 and a couple of local stations.

There are some Asian sources for the map card, but I doubt if it covers Europe.
That's very helpful @mnl. Thank you, saves me 50 euro on a connect card. I can get a few radio stations, but have figured out the Bluetooth with loads of photos and Google translate, which is what I mainly use anyway. The maps would be nice though... Oh well. Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts