Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking to buy a note but i am a bit worried by the reports of knocking from the front. reason we are looking to change is because we have a Xtrail that has started knocking from the front that nobody can work out what it is. Dont want to spend a load of money for the same issue to appear on another car.
We are looking at a 10 plate was the issue sorted on later cars?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
seem to be the early cars that do it 06-08, like any forum you will get issues that look to be common what maybe only 10 cars say in 20- 40,000 that have a problem
no matter what brand you go for thay will always have issues but thats cars for you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that wife really fancies one and from looking around cars that size they seem like a good deal. She wants auto (when i first met her she said she couldnt drive an auto now wont have anything else!)and the note looks a good option.
Was going to get a Tecna but people have said it rides better on 15'' wheels? any views on this would be welcome

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mine is a 2009 facelift model and mine knocks from the front end so I think its either luck of the draw or a design fault with the car somewhere. Personally I wont be buying another Note.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Mine didn't knock when I had it, the extreme speed humps at work soon changed that though

If you can find one that hasn't spent its life bouncing over speed humps likely there will be no knocks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No idea what this knocking is all about. Mine makes wierd noises if I go over speed bumps or put a full lock on taking a corner., I guess all cars do, in one way or another. My Tekna has 16" inch wheels, I dont see it as a problem. The auto runs like a dream (touchwood!).

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Mine makes a sort of 'bumping' noise whenever I drive on the pavement...it's usually worse in town for some reason, especially outside schools and supermarkets.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Tommo56 - could your knocking be the "gronkle joints",for which I think the proper name isBirfield constant velocity joints? When worn, they knock on full lock making a sort of "gronkle" noise. Minis started this disease, from where the infection has spread.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
SneakyElephant said:
Mine makes a sort of 'bumping' noise whenever I drive on the pavement...it's usually worse in town for some reason, especially outside schools and supermarkets.

Funny, I get the same and a sort of metallic click and low 'groaning' when I encounter pavement cyclists.

Seriously though, no knocking noises on my car (no Sneaky, that's not a cue).

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Old Frank said:
Tommo56 - could your knocking be the "gronkle joints",for which I think the proper name isBirfield constant velocity joints? When worn, they knock on full lock making a sort of "gronkle" noise. Minis started this disease, from where the infection has spread.
Barfield is a rumour from the boys in Toyota Land

We should call 6 ball CV joints Rzeppa joints, because we think Alfred Rzeppa invented them in 1926 when he worked for Ford. Naturally, Americans think they invented them as he got the patent in

They tend to click at extremes of lock before they start knocking.

Edited by: mnl

·
Registered
152 Posts
Back to the original subject, if you are still considering buying one, make sure you give it a thorough test drive over bumpy roads, turning full lock, especially on an uphill junction as this is where you are most likely to feel knocking. And get a warranty as I have had to have the lower steering column replaced to cure the steering knock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts