Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,830 Posts
If it's anything like the E11 Note, it'll take you longer to get them out of the packet, than do the job. Twist and turn the bulb holder....pull out the old one, push the new one in, and re-attach the bulb holder.
Similar bulb to Xmas tree lights.:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I never had to change mine when I had an E12, but I seem to recall reading that access is a bit tricky, and involves loosening the plastic wheel arch and getting your hand behind it.

Don't quote me, but would be worth checking further.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's anything like the E11 Note, it'll take you longer to get them out of the packet, than do the job. Twist and turn the bulb holder....pull out the old one, push the new one in, and re-attach the bulb holder.
Similar bulb to Xmas tree lights.:ROFLMAO:
I never had to change mine when I had an E12, but I seem to recall reading that access is a bit tricky, and involves loosening the plastic wheel arch and getting your hand behind it.

Don't quote me, but would be worth checking further.
Boycie n Potter. Thank you both for taking the time to reply so swiftly. I will probable leave it to the village garage as it is to be serviced shortly..Food for thought: Under lockdown here in rural Aberdeenshire so my Note has rarely moved for weeks, when I did move it the engine warning light came on Had to take it for a 20 mile run during which the engine warning light went out and remains out. Many thanks tho to you both.

·
Registered
704 Posts
They are sods to change.
Put full lock on steering.
Take plastic rivets from wheel liner.
The lamps are deep, so have a good inspection lamp, nimble fingers and mind your language! Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DRL lights and re my previous post regarding same. My both DRL's needed replacing. As the car went for a service I asked the mechanic to replace both DRL bulbs. All went well. But on checking the invoice the bulbs replacement cost me £87. £42 cost of bulbs. £45 cost of time to fit them. The wheels had to be removed and the inside wheel arches removed to gain access. The car is 6 years old now and I expect this has been the first replacement during that time. But, on reflection, as both bulbs were out, I ought to have left them that way. They are not a requirement I don't think. All's well though!! Local rural garage was the venue.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've done the job without removing the wheels and only releasing the front part of the plastic liners. Simply putting a block of wood to hold them back... Takes 30 mins per side.
However a garage will always go the long way round (price wise) and in fairness they are sods to access.
As you say, they are not a requirement at that age but your insurance company could show concern if they found them blown/missing after a prang...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jymmer, thank you for your input. Truth to tell to me it was simply a case of bulb(s) out then bulb(s) need to be replaced. We've all replaced numerous bulbs many times over the years and thought little of it. Suddenly I'm 75 and paying £87 to replace two bulbs on a nissan note. Very little thought ragarding adequate access to DRL fitments. Good n relevant point about Insurance Companies. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had to change our DRL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts