Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a lot of cars. Driven and maintained even more. Never had to replace discs on any car! Going to have to replace 2nd time discs after again only 40.000 km. Each time trip included to Italy over Austria. Requires excessive braking from normal because a Note wil not decelate enough on its engine like a regular car...! So instead wearing out braking pads you wear out the discs. Rather expensive, since you can do pads easily yourselves. Starting to dislike this Renault clone. Too high on maintenance costs against a real Japanese wear you never have to replace your clutch, shockabsorbers, or discs brakes. Talking doing 300.000 Kms on those.

·
Super Moderator
1,934 Posts
I suggest you use BREMBO discs and pads. I fitted those after the miserable Nissan parts wore out. I have renewed them again over 2years ago, after 160,000 miles. In fact they could have lasted longer, maybe another 10,000 miles or so, but as I was changing the pads so I went the whole hog.

I checked them 2 weeks ago, hardly used after 2years and 3 months. I am not the lightest footed with my size 11 plates of meat.

I grant you they are not the cheapest, but I think they are worth the extra expence. I got mine from Euro car parts, and using the sales code stated they were very reasonable.

My car is 2010 E11 Turbo Diesel, no shocks, or clutch required at all. It depends who drives the car, and over what type of roads.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even my wife/ex drove both Japanese cars and mishandled them to fullest. Not needing any replacement of , clutch, disc or shocks. I worked a couple years in bauxite mining and noted that most abused mitsubishi lancer s never fs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts