Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 60 plate note (registered in Feb 2011) which was advertised as a DCI-86.
If you look at the usedNote's on the Nissan website they now advertise this years diesels as a DCI-90 which according to the specs has a slightly better MPG (67 combined as opposed to 63).

However, if you spec up a new diesel note on the Nissan site it still describes the engine as a DCI-86. Also, the dealer i got it from said there hadn't been any changes made to the diesel engines for several years and thought the difference was down to whether the figure was stated as PS or HP (all greek to me so i didn't question him!)

Can anybody shed any light on this?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its more than likely just an ecu map change to meet the ever changing emmisson regs
all the diesels are from 06- presenthave the same k9k prefix

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is something rather odd going on. I have just ordered a DCI (90) and until the price increase on the first of July DCI 90 was on the Nissan website. However NOW it says dci86. I have asked Nissan what is going on - but they haven't replied.

A bit of history the dci86 was the Euro 4 version of the engine, Euro 5 required lower emissions and the dci 90 was designed to meet that regulation. It appeared in November 2010 - but I've seen dci86s registered as late as this year.

The 86/90 difference is nothing to do with PS verses Horsepower. The 90 (PS) engine is 88 horsepower, the 86 (PS) engine is 84 Horsepower.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a dci 90 and the service interval has been extended to 18000mls instead of 12500 which i questioned when i bought the car as the hand book said 12500

·
Registered
3 Posts
Captain's log supplemental. Just rang Nissan and they didn't give any definitive answer, but my dealer assures me that I'll get a "90"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts