Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly Hi to all andthanks fora great site. My wife has a 1.5 diesel Tekna which have to say is great spec bluetooth, Sat Nav, touch screen, front and rear sensors although this wasn't the main reason for getting it, the reason was for fuel economy. We part X her 1.6 automatic Note w(which was very thirsty) for this 2009 facelift version. We have always been supporters of Nissan through the ages. My own car is a 54 plate Primera SX diesel. Again a good car and has never let me down with great spec, torqueand economy. After a couple of weeks I can't help but have a few niggles. I find the diesel Note has quite a loud rattle starting through the gears compared to the Primera which doesn't sound throaty at all. Is this normal? Are the two Nissans so different that there is more rattle from the smaller 1.5 Note to the 2.2 diesel?Don't get me wrong we love both cars but you can't help but compare. Also does anyone else have any tips with the parking sensors because it's hard to spot the difference in sound from front and rear sensors. I am aware you can turn the front sensor off with the button at the bottom of the gear console but it will niggle having to keep doing it. Keep up the support folks and thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Wayne,
I was surprised to hear your previous automatic was rather thirsty. I have had my 61 plate automatic a month now and I am really surprised by the fuel economy. I must admit I was rather dubious after purchasing the car as I had a 1.2 Kia before that. However I must admit my visits to the petrol station have not increased, and I am really delighted with my Note.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep my wife and i do similar mileage approx 18000 a year but she was spending £50 a week for 1.6 auto and i'm spending £60 every 2 weeks with the 2.2 heavier primera. Still the diesel note suggests economy of just shy of 60 mpg. Although you take that with a little pinch of salt. I can't complain although the auto was sounding tired a little unresponsive even though serviced by main dealer regularly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts