Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up last week and done a bit of tootling round Derbyshire trying to get the hang of it.

Love it
Still getting used to all the whistles and bells so some of my comments might be down to unfamiliarity.

Nice comfy seat and pretty quiet at the speeds I generally use. The heater I'd put as above adequate, not the foot melter I'm used to in the Focus. It does steam up badly when me and my lad first get in so I'm playing with the cc settings.

Stereo - excellent. I've had to switch it off twice thinking there was a warning beep coming from the car - it was background effects on my old Genesis/Floyd tracks I'd never noticed before

Sat-nav - adequate. seems a bit cumbersome compared to a Tomtom. Is there a way to 'divorce' it from the headlights? Can't see a thing when it dims when the lights come on, prefer daytime colours.

Cruise control - brilliant. Never had this before and was playing with it on the A5/M6 today (when I was in a clear stretch on my own).

No ashtray

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Nightime setting is a pain.
No way IIRC to permanently 'divorce' it but press the sun/moon button (top left) and you can adjustbthe brightness to suit or select 'day' mode at night.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Ash trays with illumination, available from Halfords........I've got 2 of them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
DerbyRam said:
The heater I'd put as above adequate, not the foot melter I'm used to in the Focus. It does steam up badly when me and my lad first get in so I'm playing with the cc settings.
I'm with you on this. Every time I get in mine the windows instanslty fog over. I'd say the heater is fine for temperature but lacks any real power. My previous cars have all has ferocious heaters but the Note does seem weedy. I've tried cleaning them with all different methods but nothing will clear them adequately, especially in this weather except the air con, which uses more petrol to operate. It's my one big gripe about the car.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I think I've 'cracked' the demisting problem.
Shut all the face level vents, full power to demist, recirc on and AC off, clears in about 30 seconds.

Just wish that I had heater washer jets, bloody useless until the car has thoroughly warmed up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts