Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Boysie, how do you get 3.8 litres to a gallon in Ireland? Over here we get 4.546 litres to a gallon
. Come on son, perhaps posting at 9.32 pm is way past your bed time, could it be coco andpyjamastime for you
The thing is I only did just over 4000 miles last year,so the extra few pence for the Shell Nitro diesel, is just peace of mind, when I get my next car (petrol) I still won't use supermarket fuel.
Last year (2017)I visited a garage just 11 times with an average of 6.5 gallons each time, I always have about half a tank, less room for condensation to form. So using top grade diesel is the least of my worries.

·
Super Moderator
1,894 Posts
The same way I do a typo error. 3's and 8's....look them same to me. Well, turn a three back to front, then add a 3, you get 6.....errrr NO. It looks like an 8. Oh, whatever.!!!.....I'm off for a Gramp nap.

You get what I'm saying, oh grey haired wonder.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Got my car back today. New reconditioned injectors fitted along with that new EGR valve and fuel filter. All quiet again now, total cost £1280.

Will be staying away from supermarket diesel now.

Pity I'm not a grease monkey could have been quids in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Boysie, how do you get 3.8 litres to a gallon in Ireland? Over here we get 4.546 litres to a gallon
. Come on son, perhaps posting at 9.32 pm is way past your bed time, could it be coco andpyjamastime for you
The thing is I only did just over 4000 miles last year,so the extra few pence for the Shell Nitro diesel, is just peace of mind, when I get my next car (petrol) I still won't use supermarket fuel.
Last year (2017)I visited a garage just 11 times with an average of 6.5 gallons each time, I always have about half a tank, less room for condensation to form. So using top grade diesel is the least of my worries.
US gallon is 3.78 litres which may be where the error came from, just saying , nothing really to do with the main point.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts